But this past week we had exchanges with Iriga zone 1b, zone 2b and Buhi zone C Sisters. It was quite a busy week, but a good one.
I worked with Sister Deyro here in Nabua on Tuesday, and we also worked with the Gardner missionary couple. We were able to teach someone Sister Alibogha and I had talked to the other day while walking. He is a father of 2 and his wife works in another country, but it was such a good lesson. His oldest daughter who is 18 is super interested too, so I am excited to return to them. And the best lesson followed. We taught Alvin and Sheryl. Elder Gardner gave Alvin a Fathers blessing to help him avoid temptation and to help with his word of wisdom trials. It was so beautiful and it was all in English, but the Spirit was so strong! Afterwards the Elders came and gave their daughter a blessing because she had a really bad infection on her finger. It was such a testimony builder for them and we taught about the Atonement and Faith (: Brother said he feels sick when he starts smoking and has cut back each day. They also really are excited to be baptized, and then stated they feel church is a waste of time when their children are misbehaving and they can't focus, but we bore testimony of the importance of church and they came yesterday (: I love this family so much! They are the one with 3 little girls and I see my family in them at times (:
Then on Wednesday I worked with Sister Cabatuan the happiest missionary ever, and my sister in the mission! Sister Morales was her trainer also, which makes her my sister hahaha. (Missionary terms lol ) She is a joy to be around, and it amazes me with all she has been through with her family how strong she is in the gospel. Her parents are not members, and her sister who is a member is less active. I met a family whose son lives in West Valley, Utah.(Don't worry Grandma, Grandpa and Mom I got their address and plan on visiting them when I get back!) She and I worked in their area, and I am not one to teach a ton of teenagers or pre-teens but we just kept meeting the most amazing ones that day. The one 12 year old girl asked, "Is there really a heaven and hell?, Why did Christ have to suffer for us?".. and many more. I gained such a strong testimony this week that the Savior really is so close to the younger ones. They are so in tune with the Spirit, and much more humble. No wonder Christ tells us to become like a child, or we cannot inherit the kingdom of God.
Thursday District meeting, and we had to weekly plan on that day also... so it was a long day, but we got to get out for bit to teach.
Friday, I worked with Sister Alipoon. Right when I got there she said our first appointment was with Rosarita (: She said she has been waiting for me to come back. Rosarita, is the less active girl I met the last time I had exchanges there. She usually would hide from the missionaries, but I was prompted to try harder and ask her about her Book of Mormon reading. In that lesson last time, we taught the Atonement. I cried, she cried, and the Spirit was there so strongly. I left her a note when I left. They have been able to teach her ever since and she has gotten closer with the missionaries. I was so happy to see her, and there was such a difference in her countenance in just one month. I felt so blessed to have been an instrument to a girl, even not in my area. I have come to realize we have the power as individuals to help people in such small and simple ways.
That same day in Buhi, a less active member family's son passed away from cancer so we went for a little bit to support the family.
Then later that evening it was Sister Mauai's birthday we Sister Aligogha and I surprised her with ice cream and cards.
Saturday,we had a Group Family Home Evening at the church... and it was a huge success. We had 2 of our investigator families come, and some others, the Elders did too, and a lot of the members! It was awesome! We played a ton of games and decided we are going to try to do it every month.
That night.... I may have left our house keys in the house on haha. We stuck a long bamboo pole in through our window and used it to get the keys by twisting the lanyard onto the bamboo and pulling it out as fast as we could. We had called the Elders to come help us, but by the time they ran there... we had retrieved them haha. Good times! That would be the second time I have left the keys in the house on my mission.
Then Sunday (: ahhh the best day! We went to one of our far areas in the morning to an investigator we just started teaching. Last time I was certain they were not interested.. we came back... yeah I was wrong. The wife read all the way until 1 Nephi 3, even when she has children to take care of. Then at church... like I mentioned... we were beaming (: Then we decided to have a little primary in the back of the Gospel Principles class. Sister Gardner brought crayons, coloring paper, and building blocks, and I had brought some snacks for them. I was told I would make a good Primary President haha. It was so cute, and the lessons were awesome, and everyone was happy they came.
The Lord is really hastening His work here, and I am blessed to be one of his servants. I love this area, and I will miss the people here so much, but I can't help but think how joyous the reunion will be in heaven with all my Filipinos brothers and sisters (: Love you all so much! Keep sharing the gospel, and you will see miracles in your life, and in the lives of others. xoxoxox
ps.. forgot my camera at our apt... so no pictures this week.... next week (:
No comments:
Post a Comment