Monday, July 7, 2014

May 19th, 2014 My Heart Belongs to Nabua


I seriously feel my heart is in Nabua. I love this city so much! Even when it is so challenging and people don't always want to listen to us, I love it.

We have really been focusing on families. We have a couple we are working with. The one father has a word of wisdom problem, but his wife is so happy because he is trying to quit and has been changing. I am so grateful for the change the Gospel can bring to the lives of people, especially families.

On Monday we had the best experience. We went to follow up a family that Sister Pal had taught on exchanges when she was here, but I had not met them yet. They were always gone, but we tried going to them at night. The Tatay was sitting outside, and we talked to him, and then were able to teach him, his wife, and 3 of their kids about the Restoration. Turns out the Nanay had read a Restoration pamphlet at her friend’s house, so knew all about Priesthood, Joseph Smith, and the Apostasy! She has the best memory! That is something that does not happen often. They are so interested and when we went to go to them again this week... the mother had read all of the witnesses, introduction, and Joseph Smiths testimony! It was awesome! She said she really felt he is a Prophet of God, and cannot stop thinking about his testimony and experiences. I am excited to keep teaching them!

On Wednesday, we had exchanges with the Pili C Sisters. I was with Sister Jaring! I love that girl! We had a good day and taught a lot of less actives in their area. One really cool story! We were walking on the railroad tracks, where a lot of people live, and we waved at this little old lady. Her face lit up, and Sister Jaring looked at me and asked if we should tract, so we did. We went and talked to the Nanay. She welcomed us into her home, and she brings out a letter, and pictures of her granddaughter who is a member and actually served in the Naga Mission! She served 2011-2012, and the Elders had dropped off letters to Nanay from her granddaughter. She also went to her room and brought out a Plan of Salvation pamphlet, that was a little worn, but in well condition. She said she reads it often (: We were so excited we found her. She has a hard time hearing, but Sister Jaring said they'd go back.

Thursday, we taught the daughter of a recent convert, Lolie. They live in the Elders are, but we are going to teach the daughters and mother. She is awesome! Came to a baptism with us on Saturday, to church, and accepted a baptismal date for June 14. She is 14 years old, and her father was baptized last month. They are such a cute family.

We had Zone Training Friday on finding. Hopefully it will help with finding in our zone. Finding is hard at times, but we can make it fun, and be creative. Sister Alibogha and I came up with some ideas that we are going to try this transfer. I will let you know how they work!

Saturday we went to a baptism in Bato, and two of our investigators came. It was really good, and I seriously feel every investigator should see a baptism if possible, before they are baptized!

Sunday we had an investigator show up the last 30 minutes. She was lost and thought it was somewhere else, but I am so happy she came and I am hoping her whole family can come next week. Sister Junabelle, a recent convert works with us on Sundays now. I love her! She is 15, and the only member, but so strong! She wants to serve a mission one day. When we were walking about 10 dogs came up after us, and we had to keep walking... I could have sworn they were going to bite us. I was praying/squealing, and all 3 of us held hands as we tried to be calm and not run from them. Made it out (:

Today, we helped the parents, and teachers clean at the Nabua Elementary school this morning, and we met 3 potential investigators, and the member afterwards said she'd come with us to their houses! So we found potential new investigators, and gained the support from a member. There were 100+ people there for the opening ceremonies, and I really feel it was great for us to get involved, everyone noticed the missionaries there and we were able to talk to a lot of people.

I love this work, this area, and the people here so much. I feel like I am opening an area here almost every day, because the church really is not established here yet, but I feel blessed to helping laying the foundation of a great work here. I hope all of you are praying and reading your scriptures.
 I love you all so much xoxox

post signature




No comments:

Post a Comment