This week has been a good one, and full of its own challenges.
We had a service project that was really successful on Tuesday morning, and we were able to help the investigator finish up their roof with the Elders. I really am so grateful for service projects. They soften the hearts of people. We have been teaching this family for quite some time. I feel that we have been searching for the opportunity to serve them, and it came. We helped tie the grass (niba) to their roof.. Well the Elders did that part and we were in charge of cleaning the yard and getting rid of the old roof. It was a good time, and then one of the recent converts, a Tatay rode by on his bike and stopped to help too. He randomly felt to take that road, then he saw us (:
He was baptized last month and we are teaching all his daughters (:
And speaking of cleaning, last Monday we deep cleaned our apartment. We removed the nasty ant infested linoleum haha and floor waxed the floor and it looks okay, but we might need to wax it again. I am just glad the ants and centipedes are all gone now.. …. if only we wouldn't find cockroaches every once in a while, I'd be even happier. haha
Wednesday, we had exchanges with the Bato Sisters, and I worked Sister Ramen. We worked in our area and we were able to go visit the family she had actually tracted with Sister Pal last exchanges. They are one of our progressing families we have been working with, and it was so neat for her to see that the family she had tracted has been coming to church, reading, and have baptismal dates. (FYI – Tracting is when Missionaries knock on doors)
Then Thursday we had the Mission tour with Elder Nielson of the Quorum of the Seventy, Turns out their son, Dave, was roommates with Jace McLaws, companions in the MTC and on the mission. Sister Nielson gave a talk about companions and mentioned how Elder McLaws, who served in Japan, who had helped her son so much. I asked her after if it was Jace, and she said yes! haha Small world really. She said Jace got married recently too! Congrats Jace! But the day was filled with the Spirit and I was so uplifted. Then the leaders in the mission had a meeting with Elder Nielson, and were able to share all the things God had revealed to us that day. For me, I received an answer to a long awaited prayer, and I am so grateful the Lord gives us direction, often through other people. We sat with them at lunch and Sister Nielson says she loves Mexican food, and her personality reminded me so much you mom. I really do miss Mexican food haha! I request grandpa tacos on the Sunday I am back haha (:
Friday we weekly planned... the time has been flying by so quickly! We planned for week 5 of our transfer! I want time to slow down! We had to go find one of our investigators at her aunt’s house and we ended up pretty far out in our area, but on the way back we got to cross and long hanging bridge... scariest thing of my life hahah but so cool! I will send some photos (:
Saturday was a busy one, and we were able to teach this amazing girl we met last week she is only 14, and has been reading the Book of Mormon, came to church, and said she is praying to know if the church is really the true church. Uh okay, they Lord is preparing the youth of these days big time. She is so cute, and turns out she met Sister Barlow when she was assigned her, and they gave her a pamphlet. Which she still had. Now we just have to get her family on board!
Sunday was a good day too, the weather has been really humid, hot and then it will rain a ton.. Yeah rainy season has started now. Sister Alibogha has not been feeling super well. She is actually anemic, so we came in early for her to rest. I kept my self-busy updating the area book, and reading the Book of Mormon in Tagalog. I am in Alma 38 now! My goal is to finish before I go home. I love reading it in Tagalog, because the language is much simpler and sometimes the passage stands out better than it does in English for me.
I am so blessed to be serving where the Lord has called me. I keep looking around the Philippines and thinking... man was I lucky to be called to such a beautiful place. The Lord knows where He needs us to go. I have such strong faith that He will lead me in all aspects in my life if I will put my trust in Him. My favorite passage lately is found in Acts 5... To understand the whole story you should read the whole chapter but the part I love is verses 41-41:
41 ¶And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
I feel so ready to suffer, feel persecuted, and be rejected for His name. I know that the sacrifices I make here and for the rest of my life for His name will bring me the greatest joy, no matter how hard the suffering may be. I will not cease to teach and preach Jesus Christ. I love this Gospel, and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. Prays always, and put all your trust in Him. I love you all (:

| My Comp on the Scary bridge :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment