Sunday, May 18, 2014

May 12th, 2104 Happy Mothers Day My life would not be the same without my mission.


New transfer, new companion..... aka Sister Alibogha!!!!
She is awesome and we have had a good week here in Nabua.
It was quite hard to say goodbye to Sister Pal. I love that girl!
She is home safe, and we are emailing right now!

Just wanted to shout out to all the mothers who are reading this and tell you I love you and thank you for your example for me and to so many others. Happy Mother’s day! (i loved skyping you mom, dad, and court... Kira in 3 months (: )

I worked in the Camaligan area with Sister Campbell and Sister Ril on Monday night, then we had transfer day on Tuesday. It was fun seeing some missionaries I haven't seen in some time.

Wednesday, we invited one of our new investigators to be baptized, and she accepted. She is seriously progressing lots and we just met her last week! The Lord really placed her in out path at the right time.

Thursday, we met a less active. Turns out she lives right by the church and we didn't know it! She was so happy to see us and said it has been about 10 years since she has seen missionaries. We shared with her that the Lord looks out for the one sheep, and she is important to Him. She has 9 children and we are hoping with the help of the group they can feel fellowshipped, and all come to church soon. We also had a recent convert Junabelle work with us. She is 15 and wants to serve a mission. She reminds me of Kira and Courtney combined. I wish you all could meet her! She is the only member in her family right now.

Friday, we had District Meeting and our new district leader is Elder Hodge. He is my batch and we were in the same zone in the MTC. Our new district is really hard working and I am excited to see the growth here in Nabua. We also had a lesson with our investigators about the Word of Wisdom... the father has some problems, but he said he would work on it. I have gained such a testimony of the Word of Wisdom and other commandments. It is pretty hard for someone who has addiction problems to focus on spiritual things, and the Lord knows we need to keep our bodies and selves physically clean and healthy in order for our spiritual selves to become spiritually fed and clean.

Sunday, we met a ton of new people, tracted in our far area, and found referrals we had received. One of them said he would come to church if it didn't rain.. it rained haha, but we are hoping for next week. It’s hard here when it rains because so many people just have motors or have to walk so when it rains it creates a problem for some to come. But there are always those who make the sacrifice even when it’s hot, or raining. I am blessed to have met so many dedicated saints here who will do everything they can to come to church. One really neat experience for me last night was we were at the Oliva family's home (active members in our area) for Mother’s Day dinner and we taught a short lesson on the blessings of mothers and read in Alma 56:47-48. There was a close friend of theirs there and we had her read, and join in, and I felt the need to talk to her at the end of the lesson and give her a Book of Mormon. She smiled and said she was thinking when she was reading earlier how she wanted to have one to read... (: We got her information and forwarded to the area in which she lives. I seriously am so grateful the Lord prompts us to do things helps us help others come unto Him.

I love being a missionary, and I am blessed for my mother, and my grandmother, and all the mothers who have helped me be here today. Thank you so much!

My life would not be the same without my mission.
Love you all so much! (:


post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment