Monday, July 7, 2014

June 9th, 2014 - Families are Forever, Happy Birthday Dad !

This week has been quite hard, and I have been trying to be the best support I can to my companion. We found out last week her brother passed away. She is doing pretty well. We just try to stay busy and work hard so she isn't thinking about it. I honestly look up to her so much! She has been through so much since she has been here on the mission, but is strong, and continues to share the strongest testimony. We taught a lesson about the Plan of Salvation to an investigator, and she taught it so powerfully from the heart, and talked about the loss of her brother, but the hope of the Gospel. I love her! FAMILIES ARE FOREVER !

This week we had exchanges and were in Naga Monday through Thursday morning. Monday we went to Naga and got out X-rays to make sure we don't have tuberculosis, and we are clear (: No sickness there! Then Tuesday and Wednesday we were on exchanges with the Naga 3A and 3D Sisters (Sister Prestosa/Sister Rosenberg and Sister Mariano/Sister Ramos). The first day I worked with Sister Mariano. We tracted/ used different finding techniques the whole day. The Lord really placed a lot of amazing people in our path that day.

Then I worked with Sister Rosenberg on Wednesday, and we also found some amazing people. We met one boy who knew a member that I knew in Naga, and that night we saw the member, Leo, waiting at the church to go to manila to enter into the MTC. Small world, and so cool we met his friend’s family earlier that day. One woman we taught poured out her life to us how she had found out she had cancer, but put her trust in the Lord and she has been healed. She expressed that the Lord really is the best doctor, and will bless us if we put our trust in Him. I am excited for the Sisters to keep teaching her.

Thursday, we were able to have many good lessons in one of our further areas. I feel overwhelmed sometimes with how big our area is, but we can only take it one house, one door at a time (:
Then Friday, I worked with Sister Roderick on exchanges in Nabua. An amazing day! Reunited with my aki (child-trainee). The Gardner couple worked with us, and it was 4 white, white Americans driving around in a car.. we stood out! haha But I took her to see all the people I have grown to love here so much! I seriously love Sister Roderick.. I know we will be friends for the rest of our lives. She and I are always laughing, and the funniest things always happen to us. We were able to teach so many lessons, and feel the Spirit throughout the day. The Lord is really hastening the work, even since I have been here.

On Saturday I bought Balut-the half embroynated duck egg..from a less active member and I thought hey I have ate this before, I can do this again... it was way more developed than I could handle... beak, feathers, eyes.... yeah I just ended up taking pictures of it instead haha. THEN, I found a teeny, tiny dead snake stuck to my bag.. took some photos of that too... It was a weird day of weird animals. haha

Back to spiritual things, haha we had one investigator we met a few weeks back, read all the way until Alma 9! She lives kind of out of the way, but we have felt we need to keep going there, and she says when she has spare time and her daughter is napping, she reads! She said she knows it’s true and that she feels so good when she is reading (: That was so neat! I was in shock... we have a hard time getting people to read the Introduction sometimes haha.
But, all in all, the Nabua group is doing great! We had 50 in attendance yesterday! We are loving the area, and working with so many families... they take longer, but we are helping them all make the change, especially the Tatays. I love this area.. and if I am to stay here, I would be so happy.. but I will go where the Lord needs me to go (:
I have come to realize so much this week the importance of supporting my companion and forgetting myself. I feel when it is so hot sometimes, and I am soaked in sweat, I play the poor me card, but there is no good time for a bad attitude. I have been really trying to smile through everything.. the rejection, sweat, trials, seeing disobedience in missionaries, and realize that what really matters is losing my heart, might, and mind in the work. The Lord will show us many more miracles if we are giving it our all (: I love you all, and I am so blessed to be here serving the Lord. Have a good week - and happy bday dad (: / Happy Father’s day to all the Tatays (: xoxoxx
Sister Webster


post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment