This week has been a good one, and has been so nice since we didn't have any exchanges, we were able to work in our area everyday!
On Tuesday we were able to contact a mother I had spoken with at one of our service projects. She welcomed us in right away and we had an amazing conversation about families. Her son has some disabilities, and she shared with us how he has made their family so much stronger and really is what holds them together. Many families here have children with disabilities, and I have such a testimony that the Lord places His special children in families to strengthen them.
Wednesday, we went to look for a referral, ended up finding her cousin, but it was where the Lord needed us to go! She is awesome, and the hardest working mother I have met. She works out in the fields, does massage therapy on the side, and sells the food they grow in their yard. People here amaze me! I wish more people in America (myself included), were so self-reliant and hardworking like the Filipino people. Later in the afternoon, we decide to go and tract in a new area we have never been, and ended up going down the wrong road to return to one of our areas, but we were led where we needed to be. We met a woman who lost her husband in February, and with the loss of Sister Alibogha's brother two weeks ago we have been studying the Plan of Salvation so much. We all teared up as we taught her from the beginning all the way to eternal life and the Celestial Kingdom. I felt the Spirit testify to me so strongly that the Plan of Salvation is true. We know where we came from, and where we are going, and what we need to do to gain eternal life. I love the knowledge God has given us through the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. We do not need to be people wandering to and fro wondering where to go. We have so much to help us! She found so much comfort from the message, and I did too (:
Thursday, we tried a new finding method we thought of, showing the Restoration video in the first lesson. We have been trying to be creative and trying different approaches. It was neat. We watched it with some college age students, and they seemed to enjoy. They were able to relate to Joseph Smith and how he searched for the truth. Then, we watched it with one of our investigators, and she cried. She had a baptismal date before, but her family discouraged her from it, and said she shouldn't. She really knows it’s true. I hope we can help them realize this is the truth, and all of them and come to know the truth. I have come to realize so much that we HAVE to teach families. When families are converted, they are more likely to stay in the church.
Friday, we had an FHE with Almazen family! I love them! I attached a photo of it!
Then we were able to teach Alvin and Sheryl, and Sheryl told us God answered her prayer and she knows Joseph Smith is a Prophet. She said while she was praying she asked and right away she felt as if there was cool air around her and it startled her. The Spirit speaks to people in many ways.
Saturday, we went back to the one investigator who read until Alma last week, yeah she is in 3 Nephi 24.. almost done! She is awesome! She highlighted 3 Nephi 11 and said she felt so good while reading that chapter (: I love the power of the Book of Mormon. Then we had District Conference Part 1, and Hermina came! It was in Iriga, which is a distance to go, but she did!
The following day was District Conference in which Elder Quentin L. Cook was broadcasted in with Sister McConkie and Bishop Davies. It was really good, anddddddd Alvin, Sheryl, Twinkle, and their 3 girls, and Hermina came! (: Then 2 of our recent converts! They came to Iriga! It was sooooo good, and we were able to show them the baptismal font there. They are really excited for their baptism and keep working towards it to be ready! I told them, when they are sealed in the temple one day, i will try to make it back! I love this work! Especially working with families!
I am really going to miss this area, but I know the Lord has something in store for me somewhere else. I love the Philippines, and I am so blessed to be serving here. Read your scriptures everyone and know that the Lord is always there for us. I love D&C 18:10-16.. "The worth of souls is great in the sight of God " (:

No comments:
Post a Comment