Well today we are headed to Naga at 5:30 and I
will be saying goodbye to Sister Pal. Her 18 months is up, and he is headed
back home to Tarlac, Philippines. I have been blessed to be her last companion.
She is far from trunky, and I am so grateful for her example to me. Gonna miss
her!
This week we have been blessed to meet so many new
people, and find those the Lord has prepared. Tuesday morning we met Nanay
Myrna. We were going to go teach her next door neighbor we met the other day,
and she ended up walking up to us and said we could share with here right then
and there. We felt to teach about Eternal Families, and temples, and the Spirit
was so strong. She was tearing up and said she is excited to keep meeting with
us to learn more. The second time we taught her about Prophets and Thomas S.
Monson is our living prophet. She said she already believed he is, and she
would come to church... and SHE DID (:
She came with her grandson and sad she loved it. I
am excited to keep teaching her and so blessed we met her (:
This week we watched the Restoration twice with 2
families we have been teaching. Both times they didn't have remotes to switch
it to Tagalog so we watched it in English, but they understood most of it, and
more so felt its truth (: I seriously love this visual for people. It really
helps them understand more who Joseph Smith is and how he became an instrument
in the Lords hands. I feel its truth every time I watch the Restoration video.
One of the times it was so fuzzy, static, and made it hard to watch for me, but
they were glued to the screen and got so much from it (:
Wednesday we had exchanges with the Baao Sisters
and I was paired with Sister Roderick aka my aki (daughter). We had so fun
being companions again and working in her area. They really have seen the work
grow so much there and had a baptism on Saturday for a family of four, the
father, his wife, his brother, and their niece. It was so powerful. We took our
investigator, Hermina to it, and it was just what she needed. She has been
reading in 1 Nephi 14, and it mentions there about stumbling blocks in our
paths, and there is only two churches, the Lords church and the church of the
devil. At the baptism the speaker talked about rocks in our paths we need to
move, and then the testimony of the father that was baptized was just what she
needed to hear. She committed to a baptismal date and said she feels the Lord
is answering her prayers! We are really excited for her. I have been teaching
her since I first got here. For some it really does take time to understand the
Gospel, and accept it fully to know it’s true. I have learned a lot of patience
in this area (:
Yesterday we were trying to find a less active and
it was in our furthest area. It was so hot, I got roasted haha. But when we
were out looking for her we met these 2 women relaxing under their little
bamboo covering attached to their house. Turns out on of them told us she went
to our big church in Quezon City, and had to wear little foot socks... we showed
her a picture of the Manila temple and she said that it was the one (: It was
dedicated in 1984! She said she use to live there and went with a friend who
was a member. What are the chances! We shared with them the Restoration, and
they didn't seem super interested, but when we get back out there we will go to
them again. It just amazes me how many people have had so many experiences with
the church before. The Lord prepares them in a variety of ways.
This week has been such a good week. I realize I feel
the Lord guiding me everyday here. I have gotten better at recognizing
promptings. I am not the best at it, and I still feel I miss some of them when
I should be paying more attention, but the Lord will never let us go astray. He
will guide us to where He knows we need to go, IF we use our agency to follow
where He tells us to go. I have gained such a testimony of aligning my will
with Gods. There is no other way to find true happiness. We must be willing to
humble ourselves and become submissive to Him, and overcome our natural man
tendencies. (Mosiah 3:19). Don't give into the
ways of the world. They will not lead us to the path we need to be on. I
love you all. I pray you will let the Lord guide your paths (: xoxoxox
(sorry no new pictures.. my SD card has some
virus, and I gotta fix it).
No comments:
Post a Comment