Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 27th The Lord knows us each so well, and will lead us down good paths



This week we had exchanges with the Iriga and Bato Sisters. I was blessed to get to work with Sister Coons, Sister Nadado, and Sister Beus.

Tuesday, Sister Coons and I worked in their area in Iriga. We had children throwing tantrums left and right at almost every lesson we taught, one was throwing dirt at us and his mom was just telling him not to.. He kept on doing it hahaha. I know I don't want to discipline my children like crazy, but it is needed lol. Can’t be throwing rocks, and dirt at the Sister missionaries. But we had good day in their area and ended up spoiling ourselves with Shakey's  pizza for dinner (: She is so fun. She and I talked a ton. She did EFY last summer, and we found we have a lot in common and had some good laughs.

Wednesday, Sister Nadado and I worked in our area in Nabua, I was so impressed with how she really listens to the investigators and asked the most inspired questions! It was so powerful and I really felt the Spirit so strongly when she testifies. She has been out for 5 months, but is one powerful missionary. We were led to so many new people that day. One of the Nanays we have been teaching read, and shared with us all the scriptures she loved! It was so good!

Thursday, Sister Pal and I were back to our area. We were able to teach a former investigator that had went to church before I got here, but moved to Manila. He is back now and we had a a great lesson with him. They have not electricity so we read the Book of Mormon with our cell phone lights. I seriously think there is just something to reading by dim light.. It magnifies what you are reading even more. But we are excited to get to teach him again. 

Friday, Sister Beus and I worked in their area in Bato. I was so impressed with her boldness. She is one strong missionary, she is batch with Sister Roderick and from Utah. We also have so much in common and had such good day. I really felt the Lord using me to testify to people of my own experience and how the Lord and the gospel has blessed my family. I really felt like an instrument in the Lords hands testifying of the truths I know. One of their investigators taught us the Law of Chastity haha. It was the first time teaching it but once he knew the topic he started telling us all the bad he has noticed in the world with chastity and virtue. He is 20 years old, and I think we all can tell the world has drifted far from virtue.

Saturday, we taught all new people and went tracting somewhere I had never been before. We tracted one house, and she was not very interested through the whole lesson, but referred us to another house, and cute little family, who were awesome. Sometimes the Lord leads us some people only to lead us someone else. I have learned we just have to keep talking to everyone in order to find who He wants us to find.

Last night was Nanay Antonio's birthday so we celebrated with cake and some of the members. They are seriously like family to me. Love them (:

I have been so blessed to see so many miracles this week. We had 32 OLT lessons this week in our area, and we were so shocked! I was in disbelief we were able to teach that many and still were punted a lot of the days. Nabua had proved to be one challenging area, and I have felt so challenged here, but we have been seeing some harvest. We now have 4 investigators with a baptismal date, when 2 weeks ago it was 0. We had a family... a family at church yesterday! I about cried when they walked in! They have 3 little girls ages, 5,2, and 2 months and all came, dressed nicely, and not super late. Also one of our investigators we have been teaching since I got her finally came! Let’s just say it was one good Sunday at church. The Nabua group is progressing and I feel so blessed to be serving here. The Lord is really helping this work move forward. And I am fine with this being my last area if it is.

I have learned a lot this transfer. We have had a lot of ups and downs but I am grateful for the refinement the Lord has been giving me. This is Sister Pals last week and we are going to make it the best. We had district activity this morning and had a water balloon fight, and it is fiesta all over Nabua... so wish us luck. Lots of food! Which I need to avoid haha the Philippines is fattening me up.

But I love you all so much. The Lord knows us each so well, and will lead us down good paths, IF we put our trust in Him, AND follow His commandments. xoxoxox

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment