Sunday, May 4, 2014

April 20th This has been a week of blessings and miracles




It has been one busy week. I feel I have done so much haha, but I also cannot believe I am here on the computer shop again typing a letter to all of you. It was also Holy Week... which means parades which symbolize Christ’s life, and a lot of traffic and people. But it was really cool to see how other faiths remember Christ’s sacrifice.

But, I love missionary work! This has been a week of blessings and miracles for sure (:

On Monday we had some good lessons, one where we waited for about 10 minutes for the Tatay to pray. Turns out he told us he doesn't fee worthy to speak with God because he hasn't gone to church in 15 years, but we helped him realize we are always worthy to talk to Him, and the times we feel we aren't are when we need to talk with Him the most. We headed to Baao that night, which is where Sister Roderick's area is, stayed there and had exchanges with them. I worked with her trainee (her aki, my apo- daughter, granddaughter haha) in Baao. It was a good day except the brown out all day long, that we had to go to Iriga City, and it had down poured all day haha. We were covered in mud, but it was fun! And we had some great lessons. The last one was with a family that will be baptized on May 3rd. They are AWESOME! They are all reading the Book of Mormon, and testified of how much they all have changed (: It was really neat to get to know them! (I will attach a picture of them)

Wednesday, we had Zone Conference and President and Sister Reeder were there. It was such a motivational day, and we focused a lot on finding answers to prayers and receiving personal revelation.

My companion also decided we wanted to fast, so we started a fast that day, and fasted to find people who will accept the invitation to be baptized (because we had 0 investigators with baptismal dates). We also fasted to find those who had been prepared and are ready to progress. We have a had a rough few weeks here.

That night we were blessed with two lessons. We were able to teach an investigator who we haven't in quite sometime. She used to be progressing, came to church, ad was reading, then all of a sudden disappeared. We found out why, and were able to help her with her doubts.

Then the next day we weekly planned, and the Gardner coupled worked with us in the afternoon. We went to the Tomotorgo family, and taught about the Book of Mormon. The mother had read, the Introduction, and understood it so well. The whole family was there, and we invite them to be baptized... 3 accepted (: we were so happy! They were excited and said they want to become like the Gardner couple are, married, and have the same beliefs. It was seriously such a good lesson, and I got to the car and just cried tears of joy. It is exactly what we had fasted for (:

Then it got better.. the next investigator we went to, we have been teaching her for quite some time now. She read the assignment we gave her, didn't know what we for sure were teaching her, but the Spirit was so strong, and we asked the right questions that allowed her to open up, and tell us her fears, and how we can help her come to know. The Lord really does give us miracles when we do our part and sacrifice.

Friday, we were in Buhi, and I worked with Sister Mauai from Samoa. She is a new missionary and struggling with the language. I could really relate (: It was a good day. One miracle for me that way was we went to go teach a less active, she was busy, so she said we could try teaching her daughter, but the missionaries never can, because she is so shy. Felt we should try, she was stubborn, ignored us at first, but we offered to wash dishes with her, then asked about her reading in the Book of Mormon, and if we could talk about it with here... with a little bit of time she warmed up and said we could. She'd been reading in 2 Nephi 2, so we started there, and at first I thought, okay we will talk about Adam and Eve in that chapter... then it was apparent we needed to read the verses about the Atonement. AS we read it, and as I talked I started crying, and she did too, and the Spirit was so overwhelming strong in the room. She opened up so much and smiled at the end (: I am so grateful for the power the Atonement has, and how it can heal hearts, break barriers, and help us feel of our Saviors love.
We had an early curfew due to Holy Week Friday-Sunday, so we did our studies mostly at night this weekend.

Saturday, Brother Lolie, one of the Elders investigators was baptized. He is a Tatay they met while walking one day, and he is so sweet. I spoke at his baptism about baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. It amazes me sometimes how I can get up in front of crowds and speak a foreign language sometimes.. hahaha

Sunday we had Bato Branch Conference, the branch we are under, so it was good. We had a recent convert come to church who hasn't been since I have been here! It was great and I forgot what Relief Society was like (we only have 2 hour church at our group meeting house). But I loved it. The Branch President was released, and a new one put in, so President and Sister Reeder were there also.

I really had such an amazing week and I testify to all of you, Christ lives. He has risen and through Him we all will be resurrected again one day. Prayer and fasting are two things we can do to know this church is true, and to see miracles happen in our lives. I know God loves and listens to every prayer. Keep being faithful to your covenants and know He is there to light our way (:


post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment