Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 24th, 2014 Keep your head held high, rejoicing in the wonderful life he has given us

Not much has happened this week, except my amazing companion is getting transferred tomorrow. We have gotten so close and I am going to miss her. I have learned so much from Sister Bersola and I am grateful for her hardworking example.

We did a lot of finding this week, received a ton of referrals from investigators and contacted a lot of them. One really neat experience was a woman, in the first lesson, teared up, and she said she felt something while we were speaking to her. The Spirit is so strong and testifies to people if they are willing to listen.

We also had an amazing lesson in which we were teaching the Plan of Salvation, and where we will go after our life here on earth. We explained to them about the Spirit World, and they were so amazed. We showed them scriptures in the Bible that mention it and they texted us later that night for the new knowledge and all they learned from us. They are progressing investigators, and came with us to the Relief Society Anniversary that was held in Iriga City on Saturday.

One sweet tender moment that I loved this week was we were teaching this Nanay who has a son with Downs’s syndrome, and he was talking a lot, and she kept telling him to listen to us, then I was prompted to skip over our introductions for the time being, and offer a prayer. The Spirit was so strong, and her son was smiling. Then my companion started sharing that we believe families can be together forever and the boy with Downs looked at his mom, smiled the biggest smile, and kissed her cheek.

We also taught a lesson to the Antonio family's daughters (one of them is visiting from California) about Eternal Marriage in the temple. We watched a video on their tablet, Expressions of Love, a Mormon Message. If you have not watched it, I highly recommend it. So good! So cute! One day (:

One lesson I can't forget this week was someone we went a ways out to find. We explored one of our areas I have never been to before to found a referral we received. When we got there, the women said she had been taught about two years ago and said they taught her to pray to Joseph Smith.... wrong! She thought we prayed to Joseph Smith and we taught her that we pray to our Heavenly Father, thought His son Jesus Christ, and we can pray to Him to know things, for example if Joseph Smith was a Prophet. We bore simple testimony and helped her a least understand what we really believe.

I have gained such a strong testimony that simple, true testimonies are all people need to hear most of the time, and that is what the Spirit can bear testimony of. I know this church is true. Joseph Smith was a prophet and our Heavenly Father loves each one of us so much! Keep your head held high, rejoicing in the wonderful life he has given us. I love you all so much! xoxoxox

post signature
Raining in Nabau



No comments:

Post a Comment