I have a new companion, Sister Pal, and she has
5 more weeks left on the mission aka I will kill her off on the mission. She
was the Sister Training Leader in Daet with Sister Adkins, and now her last
transfer, last area is here with me (:
We had transfer day on Tuesday and we were able to eat at the
Sm, which is the mall is Naga, and I saw two of my investigators from Canaman!
Brother Rolly and Sister Vanessa. I was so happy to see them! I seriously wish
I could tour all my areas again before I leave and see all the people I grew to
love.
It was hard saying goodbye to Sister Bersola. I know we will be
lifetime friends. She is so sweet, and gives so much. I learned a lot from her.
Then... I got to see my aki, Sister Marzan... I saw her across the parking lot
where all the missionaries were, and she came running! "Sister
Webster!!!!" ahhh it was seriously the best reunion. I haven't seen her
since we were transferred! We couldn't stop hugging! She is transferred now to
Daet. I have come to realize I seriously have made so many lifetime friends
here. God has blessed me with amazing companions.
Wednesday, our first day as companions, 3 of the 4 lessons we
taught were new investigators that we tracted that day. It was awesome! One we
met in the morning when we were punted. There was a funeral service at this
home the week before for a mother who had passed away after childbirth, and I
felt we should go there last week, after the funeral service was over. So we
went up, shook hands with the women sitting there, and one of them said we
could share with her, so she led us to her space around the back and shared
with us how she had moved out of her last place with her mom, who didn't like
visitors, so that she could not host missionaries, and visitors like us. She
said she always saw us teaching her neighbor and she wondered, "why don't
they come visit me?” The Lord really guides and directs us. She reminded me so
much of my mom. She said everything she does is for her children, no matter all
the challenges she has faced. She is a really good mom, and I shared that with
her, and we all were crying. We taught her how the Gospel blesses families, and
I shared how it really has blessed mine everyday (:
Then we had an amazing experience that night. We were punted
from an appointment and Sister Pal said to me as we were walking away,
"Saan na tayo?" (Where are we going now?), and my body literally
turned a 90 degree turn and I said, "Ditto" (here). We were welcomed
by a 19 year old girl and her cousin. She started to talk, open up, ask us
about heaven and hell... and she shared with us her life story. She faced a lot
of trials when she was young, her parents separated, she had to stop going to
school because they had no money, and she tried committing suicide. She said
she felt so alone and wondered why all this has happened to her... and we
shared with her the power of the atonement. I was crying with her and shared
with her how we felt prompted to turn to her house that night, and that the
Lord is so mindful of her. He sacrificed His life for every one of us, and the
worth of each soul is so great in His sight. I know the Lord led us to her that
night, and I am excited to keep teaching her about Gods plan for all of us, and
His restored Gospel.
Another family we visited this week was one we met a while back
and haven’t been able to teach, but we were able to this week. Just happened to
be the daughter’s birthday so we gave her a Book of Mormon. The best gift you
could ever receive (:
Saturday we helped a mother pack up, and fold her clothes,
because they will be moving. She has the cutest baby in the world! (I wanna
hold a baby so bad!). I also miss service projects, so I am going to try to
look for more around her since we are supposed to be serving in the communities
we serve here.
Sunday, ahhh Sunday (: We taught Hermina in the morning, and her
friend Don Don joined in and he came to church! It was great! He is really
involved in his church, but said he would like to come again next week! We also
have been teaching the sister-in-law of a member and at first she was so
hesitant to even listen to us, but she told us she prayed to know if Joseph
Smith was a prophet after she read the Introduction in the Book of Mormon, and
she said she felt happy inside and that, that was her answer, feeling the
Spirit! It was so awesome! She said she believes Joseph Smith was a prophet of
God. I know the Holy Ghost will bear testimony to us truths, if we have a
sincere heart, and act! I love the Gospel, because it helps me to know what to
do, and what the right actions are.
One last story I have to share with all of you. So last night,
punted again ha-ha. Every day here in Nabua. We tract a lot here, but I have
become so much more comfortable with it (: But anyways funny/awesome story. I
saw a house number "043" and said okay... gotta go to this one..
number 43.... hahaha. And they were not going to let us in haha. So then we
went to the next house. Started talking to the girl through the window and then
a Nanay, and a woman came up asking what was going on. It was a little awkward,
but we told them we were missionaries and started talking to them. The Nanay
told us her husband had just passed away February 18th, suddenly from lung
cancer, stage 4. We asked if we could share with her a message about how she
can see her husband again. We taught her all of the Plan of Salvation, and
while we were teaching she said it sounded familiar to her. At the end we gave
her a pamphlet about the Plan of Salvation, and she said she had one! That was
why it sounded so familiar she had found one in her cabinet when cleaning
things out. She doesn't know how it got there, but she had read the whole thing
not too long ago (: We were grinning from ear to ear. They said we are always
welcome in their home, and we made an appointment for Friday. The Lord really
leads us to those who are ready, or have been prepared, and need His word at
this very moment.
I have come to realize more than ever that I am really helping
plant so many seeds here in Nabua. It is one tough area, but I love it,
and all it has taught me thus far. I am grateful for what the Lord has shown
me, for the miracles I see daily, and I can't wait to see what is in store this
week. Know I love you all so much, and the Lord is so close to us, make the
time for Him (: He will bless you for it! xoxox mahal ko kayong la hat!

No comments:
Post a Comment