We were in Naga for two days, then Buhi for one, but it was so fun, and I seriously learn so much on exchanges.
Tuesday I was with Sister Ghori, who is in my batch (we came to the Philippines the same time). She is from Pakistan and is a professional makeup artist (she may have threaded my eyebrows.. medio painful but they look good haha). It was a good day. I found a pig shaped loaf of bread... haha, also I have come to realize I seriously love buko juice, which is coconut milk. It’s amazing! But now to the amazing spiritual experiences. I really have come to recognize the Spirit more since I have been here, and I really have been trying to not ignore it when promptings come. We were walking, after being punted, and there was a Tatay sawing some wood outside of his house. We walk passed smiled, and he waved, I felt, go back, talk to him... so we did. It was the most amazing experience. He let us into his home, and we taught him and his wife, who just had a baby 2 weeks ago. Turns out they are related to the Ward Mission Leader in the Naga ward, and he was cooking right next door! We taught and testified of the Gospel and families and the Tatay prayed before we left. In his prayer he thanked the Lord for the goodness he felt, and for the chance that we stopped abruptly and talked to him. The Lord really guides us to those He knows are ready!
Then after that lesson we tracted again and this time just started chatting with a 17 year old girl hanging her clothes to dry. The Lord guides us, but He also expects to open our mouths and talk to everyone. Nothing happens in missionary work if we don't open our mouths and speak to people.
The next day I was with Sister Rosenberg, who is from Australia. She is a convert to the church, and so sweet! I learned so much from here, and I am so blessed to be able to work with so many amazing sister missionaries who give up not only so much to come on a mission, but to be a member of the church. We filled out a baptismal form at one of their investigators homes. She is going to be baptized next week, and it was the coolest story of how they met her. She is the niece of a less active member and they found the less active when tracting. They were walking in a small area, looked in and saw a picture of the temple hanging on the wall, and one of the pictures of Christ from the church. Turns out he had moved with his family, their records were still in Albay, and hadn't been to church in 10 years, but felt the missionaries finding him was his sign to return. Now his niece is getting baptized, and they have return to church (: I love missionary work!
Thursday we were able to work i our area, and had an amazing lesson with some of our investigators. It’s where we found the less active member, (who joins in on every lesson now). We have a group there listening to us every week, and every week someone new joins. Now there is a mother, her two daughters, the landlord, the less active, and one of the daughter’s boyfriends. They all have their Book of Mormons out when we come, pull up a chair, highlight scriptures we share, and all contribute. I love these lessons! They are all so amazing, and willing to act, read, and come to church. Then that night we celebrated my one year mark on the mission! We bought sparkling cider and snickers to celebrate haha. The time has flown!
Friday we were in Buhi, which is right in the mountains, by a lake, and is absolutely gorgeous! I think it might be the most beautiful are a in the mission no joke. I was on exchanges with Sister Gregorio. She is in training, but almost done and we had some pretty amazing experiences. We taught 9 lessons in one day, which is a good amount! One we were tracting, and went down one alley way, I was about to walk past this woman, and all of a sudden I was shaking her hand. We were able to teach her, her husband, their children, and a ton of their grandchildren. The Spirit really leads us! We also found one of their referrals in the middle of a rice field, it was quite an adventure heading out there but so beautiful. I feel so blessed to be made an instrument in the hands of the Lord, even in other areas, where I am only in for one day.
Sunday I was a speaker, and it was the first day we used to microphones.... it echoes a bit, but it will get better. I talked on fellowshipping, and the importance of members and missionaries working together, especially since our group is so small, we need to be super unified and invite more. We also had a fellowshipping workshop that we had planned with the Elders in our Group. It went great. The members seem to be more enthusiastic to help, and work with us when they can.
Missionary work is hard. It is tiring. It is challenging, but I would not be anywhere else than where I am now. I am being molded into the person I need to be. I am grateful for the challenges, and trials I have faced here, and will continue to face throughout my life. Share with everyone you know, and ask the missionaries near you for a Book of Mormon, if you don't have one, or to hand to a friend. Nothing happens in missionary work unless we act, open our mouths, and share. Love you all so much. Keep smiling (: Life is too short to not enjoy our time here.

| Sister Bersola and Sister Webster |
| Celebrating the Year Mark for Vanessa :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment