This week we had MLC (Missionary Leadership
Council). It seriously reminds me so much of the meetings we would have in
Service Council. It seriously is so cool to hear all the feedback and how the
mission really is doing. We were told we are the best mission for retention of
new members and less actives in all of Asia. What up! But really, that was
really cool to hear. I know that we really have been trying to help retain
converts, and not let them fall away so quickly. Life is hard, and the enduring
to the end part of the Gospel, not the easiest thing to do, but it is the best
thing we can do! I know we need to endure to the end, and do what the Lord
commands, and the gift of eternal life can be ours.
We had exchanges in Pili with the Sisters there. I
was with Sister Placido, and we had some really great lessons. One of them
being a referral we had given them. When we were at the hair salon a few ago
and I was getting my hair cut, Sister Bersola was talking with one of the women
that worked there. She said she was interested and they talked about families
being able to be together forever. When we got there, she freaked out when she
saw me. I didn't realize right away that the referral we were contacting was
the one we had given them! It was such an amazing lesson, the Spirit was so
strong, and I was so blessed to see the actual teaching of a lesson, and
contacting of someone we had referred! I love the blessings of having exchanges
and the opportunities to work in other areas with other Sisters. I really learn
so much and see so many miracles, especially from an outsider’s perspective.
We were able to work with the Gardner couple this
week and we had one really amazing lesson with them. We have been teaching a
whole boarding complex. Everyone kept joining in and listening, and pulling up
chairs. We all were sitting around; this is the same place we found the less
active member at last week. (He also came to church again yesterday!!!! yayy).
But the lesson was one I will never forget. It just flowed, they asked
questions, and we all bore testimony of what we know. When I was quoting Joseph
Smith's First Vision, I felt the Spirit there and I felt everyone else feel it
too. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, and was called of God. I cannot doubt
the feelings I have every time I testify of him. The Gardner’s don't speak
Tagalog here, but they left and told us it was as if there was a glow around us
as we spoke and they felt the Spirit there. I love this Gospel. The true church
of Christ really has been restored and is led by a living prophet today.
We had Zone Training and that was a success. We
are focusing on trying to reactivate Priesthood holders in the Iriga District
so it can become a stake. Save the Tatays (:
Saturday I was on exchanges with Sister Sekona in
our area. It went well, and we had fun. Had some really great lessons where we
were able to really testify of the power of the Book of Mormon.
Yesterday, we contacted a referral in this further
out area.... and we are going to go there always now! They all were so
welcoming and we asked for more referrals from the people we taught, and they
just kept giving more and more. We are excited to keep contacting people there,
and it is not too far from the church, so it shouldn't be too difficult for
them to make it to church.
I love this work, miracles happen every day, and I
know they can to for those who are not missionaries. Keep sharing, and most of
all, be yourself! The Lord wants us to not be robot sharing missionaries, but
full of life, and with character. Love you all.. until next week (sana walang
brown out haha- hopefully no brown out)
No comments:
Post a Comment