Saturday, March 1, 2014

February 17th God answers prayers



I have gained such a strong testimony of answered prayers this week. I seriously love this work, and I feel so blessed to see the miracles we get to see here in the mission field.
This week has flown by so fast, but it also seems like a blur because we had so many new investigators and new experiences.
We were able to teach Shaana several times this week to help her prepare for her baptism. It should be on March 1st. She is 9 years old, and the daughter of a family in our group. Her mom is a member, but her dad is not yet. I know she is still so young, but she has been reading, and she understands what we teach her so well. I have a testimony of being raised in the Gospel. Even though I was 8 years old when I was baptized and didn't fully understand everything, I did know that I was following the example of Jesus Christ, and following in His way. We are excited for her, and excited for her to continue living the Gospel and one day be sealed to her family.
We bought a huge carp (fish) from one of our investigators this week! She cleaned it for us, and we have been eating it for the past couple days. As in, it is huge! And only for the two of us. But afterwards we were able to teach them an amazing lesson about Faith. It was totally by the Spirit. They have been investigators for quite some time now, but have not been able to come to church because of their fish business, and were not able to make it Sunday, but I know the Lord knows when the right time is for them, and we are going to help them continue to understand the importance of church, and acting on our faith. We always say to them " Isda o Diyos?" (fish or God?" haha ) One day (:
We also have another investigator, who is not able to come to church right now but we taught her about the Plan of Salvation up to the Fall of Adam and Eve and she was so excited about this new knowledge she told her cousins, read to them from 2 Nephi 2, and drops everything when we come to visit so she can listen. I love her! She is so fun to teach! I have learned also that not every investigator can know or come to a knowledge of the truth immediate. Joseph Smith spent time searching for the right church, reading the Bible, and then prayed before he had the First Vision in the Sacred Grove. I know we must work for our salvation, and knowledge is given to us line upon line, IF we do our part.
So Thursday, the day I just loved! We prayed before we left the house that we would find the people the Lord has prepared, and I also prayed that those who are prepared would call out to us and recognize I us. That prayer was answered that very afternoon. We decided to look for a referral we had received in a certain Barangay so we were walking along the street, and had talked to talk to some people to ask if they knew the referral. We walked past this house, said hi to some of the people outside and then they called out after us "Mormons ba kayo?" (are you Mormons?). We turned around, walked back to talk to them (:
Turns out they had had missionaries teach them when she was in high school. We set up and appointment, more like she set up an appointment for the next day! Then we continued asking others if they knew the referral. Talked to a woman at a tindahan and the woman we had just made an appointment walked past and said to the other woman at the tindahan she should listen and have an appointment with us too! It was awesome! The Lord really answered prayers, and it just gets better (:
So their house has so many people there, and it turns out her dad is the old Vise Mayor of Nabua, so many people know them. We were welcomed right in to their home, and taught her, her husband, and others that were there. The lesson was awesome! The husband had heard about Joseph Smith and said he had looked at a Book of Mormon once and remembered Alma. They loved Joseph Smiths account, and the history, and said we are welcome i their home always. Then they set up appointments for other people living with them, Brother Buddy, and June. We came back the next day and taught them, and the Spirit was so strong. Buddy, June, and Jayson all came to church yesterday! I know the Lord has been preparing these people and this house to receive the Gospel, and I am so glad they called out to us (:
One other amazing experience we had was last week we had felt to go to the one home, actually we had noticed this cute family picture hanging in their house as we walked past, and said.. we must go there. They said maybe next weekend, so we tried this weekend, and it was the best lesson! They told us how they try to have family scripture study, and prayer as often as they can. We taught the father, mother, and 2 of their daughters about how families can be together forever, and how the Gospel is centered on families. They have 5 daughters, and said we are welcome back again. The father asked about the Book of Mormon and we gave him one, and the daughter right as we were leaving was looking through the pamphlet and asked, "Sino po si Joseph Smith?"... we told her that is a good question and we will be happy to answer next time (:
The Lord has directed us, brought us to those who are ready to accept the Gospel, and has answered our prayers. Nothing is ever picture perfect in missionary work, but I know that the Lord places us where we need to be at the right time to be there to help our Brothers and Sisters looking for the truth.
I hope we all continue to pray for missionary experiences and now that the Lord is there to help us with it. I love you all. God answers prayers (:

Sister Vanessa Webster


1 comment:

  1. hello sister webster :) im happy that your in good place there in iriga and nabua..God is really good. :)
    maganda diyan sa place mo talaga..hehehe...ako ang ganda ng mga callings ko at blessings from the Lord. salamat sa inyo ni sister roderick. ingat kayo palagi. :)

    ReplyDelete