Saturday, March 1, 2014

February 24th I have gained such a strong testimony the Gospel really blesses families


Well, the time is far spent, haha aka I have ran out of computer time. Been one of those never going to get it all done days, haha but that’s why we call it "Pagod days".. (tired days) hahah.

We had exchanges with the Iriga Sisters. I first worked with Sister Redline from Vancouver in their area in Iriga. We had a good day, and walked up a mountain, and I was very dusty when we came back home. It is good to see how other Sisters teach and to see the areas they are working in. It was fairly hot, and I got some sun.
Then the next day I worked in my area with Sister Coons from Arizona. She is in her follow up right now and we had a lot of fun. When we traveled to our apartment in the morning I realized I forgot to get the keys and phone from Sister Bersola, so we had to get back on a jeepney and go back to Iriga (like a 15 minute ride). It was quite embarrassing , but I have realized more and more I have become more patient and deal with situations better. It changed the schedule a bit, but we got back on track, and really... Life happens (:

We have been focusing so much on teaching families and couples this week and have seen so many miracles come from it. It is more unifying and they have something to talk about to each other when we leave. We have been teaching one family... ah I love them so much. They have 5 daughters, and try to have family prayer together, and read the Bible together. I look forward to every time we get to go there.

I have gained such a strong testimony the Gospel really blesses families. I know that my family would not be as strong, and close if it were not for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

One neat experience this week was we had 30 minutes til curfew so we decided to tact one house.. they were not interested, so we stepped 5 steps to the nest house. We set this new goal to try and not miss a house, so we "tao poed" and then we received a pure Riconada responses, which neither of us understand... but the girl came to greet us, and was confused at why we were there so late, but we explained to her who we are and it led to an amazing lesson, and she said we could come back! I know the Lord blesses us when we try our best, even after rejections, because there really are people who are prepared right now to receive what God has in store for them.

Another great lesson was when we were teaching Buddy, the new investigator we met last week (who has come to church 2 times now!). The power went out (aka brown out) and the lesson kept going. Actually in many of our lessons this week that happened, and we just got out flashlights out and kept reading. People here are so calm and just go with the flow of things.

We have a baptism this next weekend for Shaana. She is 9 years old, and her mom is a member, just not her dad yet. She is so cute, smart, and we have enjoyed teaching her. She passed her interview yesterday, so we will have the baptismal service next Saturday.

I know the Lord is there for each one of us and that we just need to get on our knees and talk to Him, and be willing to act on the response, or act to receive the response. I love this work, and I know that the Lord is always there for us. Read your scriptures, and pray always (: love you all

ps.. funny story... i was chased down by a goose yesterday and we ran screaming hahah good times... i probably shouldn't have walked so close to it... learning lesson (: quite a funny scene seeing us book it down the street squealing haha love you all
post signature

Happy Valentines Day








No comments:

Post a Comment