--*
Busy, busy, busy kami (we are busy)
This week has been a one of business haha.
Tuesday we had MLC (Missionary Leadership Council), where all the Sister Training Leaders and Zone Leaders all come together and we discuss things of the missions, things that need to be worked out, rules to defines, and how to better serve as missionaries. It went well, and it was a neat experience to see how it works, and to hear more about what is going on in the mission.
Then that night we went to Pili for Exchanges with the Sisters there, Sister Placido, and Sister Jaring. We slept there two nights and our exchanges were Wednesday with them. I was with Sister Jaring, and we went to one of their very far areas. One lesson that really stands out to me was with a Sister who had no roof over her house, but a tarp. She was crying and telling us of all the hard times she faces, and how she never knew her mom or dad, and wants to provide the best she can for her family, but they don't even have a roof. I seriously just wanted to buy all the parts I could and help build her one! It breaks my heart here, and is such a reality check for me that I need to be grateful for the roves over my head, and the blessings I have in my life. I take so much for granted, and there are people here that struggle, and go through so much more than I have ever had to go through.
After exchanges there, the next morning we left at 6 am and went to Bato for exchanges. We had our Missionary Coordination with our Branch Mission Leader, but then I went to the Bato area with Sister Ramen, while Sister Bersola worked with Sister Sekona in our area. There were two experiences that stand out to me there. One being, we were talking to this little old woman who is blind and was sitting in her hammock on her porch. We gave her a pamphlet to have her grandchildren read to her, and told her on the front there was a picture of Christ. I imagined this women being resurrected and being made whole again, and being able to see, because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. In Alma 40:23 it says that we will become perfect when we are resurrected, and what an amazing sight that will be when all the people with different disabilities are made whole. I love the Plan of Salvation (: Then we were sharing to a less active family, and I felt really prompted to teach them about Tithing. It was definitely what they needed to hear. They have been coming back to church lately, and we testified to them that this will bring more blessings than they can imagine in their lives if they are full tithe payers.
Friday, Sister Bersolas Birthday! We celebrated that night and ate cake, and sang together haha. We are the only two in our apartment, but it was fun!
We had Zone Training in Iriga, and Sister Bersola and I were assigned to teach about Weekly Planning, and how to involve members in helping investigators come to church... we had like 30 minutes to prepare that morning after I had come back from Bato with Sister Ramen, but it went well. I got to see Sister Roderick too, and she had bought me BBQ sauce for my birthday (: Best aki ever! (child, she was my trainee). But the workshops went well there and I was very helpful. We are really struggling with getting investigators to church here. Step by step (:
Later that day we were able to share with one of our investigators, Hermina. She is so sweet, and I seriously love her. She has been reading, and praying to know, she is just afraid to come to church at the moment. She has a lot of family, and pastors in her family, so she is afraid of them seeing. It's hard when people face so much persecution for their religion here.
I really am loving the people in this area. We had a Group F.H.E on Saturday night and it was a hit. Lots of food, talking, and games. I know that the Lord has placed me here for a reason, and I really want to look for the good in every area I serve, no matter how tough it may be at times. We should be having a baptism in two weeks One of the members daughters is 9 years old and hasn't been baptized so her date is set for February 22nd. I will send pictures of it!
Oh and more thing... we went to Iriga today, and I may have got my hair re bonded. That means permanently straightened haha. It is so much lighter, and easier to deal with thus far. I think it will be nice when summer comes around, which is right around the corner here.
But even with the craziness of this week, I have been thinking so much about how important all this work is and how blessed I am to be a part of it. Times flies here on the mission, and I really want to make every moment of it. I love this work, and I know I have someone always by my side through the hard times. I also know if I want to know my Savior more, and become more like Him I must experience trials, challenges, and know that through His pains and sufferings He made it so we are able to return to our Father. Salvation is not cheap, and I know the trials I face here are well worth it. I love this work, and all of you. Keep on enduring… the reward is well worth it (:

No comments:
Post a Comment