Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sept 16th In Sickness and in Health.....


This week has been a week, but a good one for sure. There have definitely been some hard days though. 

I had a 102' Temp Friday through Saturday evening. I had a couch, congestion, headache, fever, sore muscles.. you name it haha. I literally could not sleep either due to my coughing all night. I felt like death on Saturday, but I wanted to work so bad. We went out in the morning, had a really good lessons, talked to some people on the street, came back and my fever was almost to 103' lol. We had the Elders come give me a blessing. I rested for like a half an hour and said, okay lets go out haha. I can testify to you that Priesthood blessings are so powerful! And if we have faith we can be healed, or be strong enough to fight the sickness and do what we need to. I am still couching now, still sniffling, but I can tell you the Lord has blessed me for giving my all, and working hard through this sickness (again- I am starting to think that my immune system is not liking Lagonoy). But I just keep thinking about what Elder Holland said once, " When you come home from your mission, you should have had worked so hard that there will need to be an ambulance there to pick you up." Not exact word for word, but something like that.

It was also quite funny yesterday. We were sitting in Gospel Principles class yesterday and the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric peeked in and said I was going to be the speaker in sacrament meeting.... uh with 20 minutes to prepare......and I was coughing, sneezing, and sniffling like crazy. But it went well (: I talked about the Holy Ghost, and His role in our lives. It just made me laugh thinking.... okay this sickness, giving a talk, training, learning Tagalog... I am becoming one stronger person here. Just have to keep working hard, and doing my best.

Monday we had an FHE with a recent convert family and it was such an amazing experience, because I felt we were in the right place at the right time. The mother started crying and telling her concerns for her children, and all that she had been stressed about, and we were able to help her focus on how she can turn to the Lord through the hard times, and through prayer feel His love, guidance, and care. It is hard to put in words the experience but it was so great.

So on Tuesday we felt we should teach a less active member about missionary work, and ask them to pray specifically for someone to introduce to us, invite to church, and be given the chance to enjoy the gospel of Jesus Christ in their lives. Last night, she told us, " Sisters my friend wants you to teach her! She wants a Book of Mormon and said she wants to come to church also". So we have a lesson with her tonight, and I am so excited! 

Friday we were punted like no other (meaning no one was home, or they hid from us.... no joke 2 people hid from us lol- but its all good). It just so happens that we were in our farthest area that day, and had to take a tricee to get there, but we decided to use our time effectively and talk to others around us. We saw some people moving the material for their roof so we joined in and helped them carry it all, talked to this woman who was walking by us, and visited other less actives we hadn't ever been to. The coolest part of the day was when we got a text from Sister Morales telling is that a member in her ward asked if we could go visit her inactive sister. So we decided to find her, since we were in the area she lived in. We asked around, kept walking, asked more, then finally we were led to this house in the middle of a rice field. By this time is was 7:30, so dark, and we were a little hesitant, but I was pretty determined to find this woman (: so we went there. Turned out... wrong house.... but we met this amazing woman who welcomed us in, and was so excited to hear what we had to say. We testified of the Restoration of the Gospel and that we have a living prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. She wants us to come back, and I am looking forward to going there again.

I really love training Sister Baluyot and she has been so willing to step up to the task and become a more obedient, stronger missionary alongside me. I really love this area. It is not very progressing investigator wise, but slowly we are adding to our pool. I have high hopes! We have had some really neat experiences this week, and little miracles.

I have been reading in 1 Nephi 8 a lot,  about Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life, and I really like these verses:  

"5 And it came to pass that I saw a aman, and he was dressed in a white brobe; and he came and stood before me.
 And it came to pass that he spake unto me, and bade me follow him.
 And it came to pass that as I followed him I beheld myself that I was in a dark and dreary waste.
 And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would haveamercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies.
 And it came to pass after I had prayed unto the Lord I beheld a large and spacious afield.
 10 And it came to pass that I beheld a atree, whose bfruit was desirable to make one chappy.
 11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the afruitthereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the bwhiteness that I had ever seen."
I don't know if this will copy right, but I bolded and underlined " after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness". 
I have been thinking so much lately of how I need to be willing to walk in the darkness and follow the Lord, trusting in Him that He will lead me safely through this life, that He can bring me to where I need to be, but I need to be willing to go through trials, to face the hard times on my mission, to be able to taste the fruit of eternal life one day, and enjoy the greatest happiness I will ever know. The Lord expects efforts on our part, and we need to show Him we are willing to do what is needed to return back to Him.

My brothers and sisters, if you feel you are in darkness or facing many trials, turn to the Lord. He will bear you up, lighten your load, and help you see your life through His eyes. I know we are all far from perfect, but we have a perfect example to follow, our Savior Jesus Christ. I love Him so very much, and I am grateful to have the privilege to testify that He lives everyday. I love this gospel.

Hope all is well, and keep being strong through the hard times.
xoxox


ps... I ate balut again aka the picture hahaa
post signature






No comments:

Post a Comment