Hello family and Friends;
This week has flown by so fast it is insane. My time as a
missionary is so short.. I am still not fluent, but it is getting there. I have
learned to take it step by step, word by word, and try to just do my best, and
it doesn't hurt to just try.. if I say it wrong people usually help me anyways
and they don't mind.
This week we had very fun FHE (Family Home Evening) with
this family that lives rally close to the church. The father is less active,
and the teenage children, but the mother very active in the church. We had the
WHOLE family there, 7 kids total, and it was so fun. We played games and made
a"title of liberty" banner like in Alma 46:12 for their family. And I
may or may not have made no-bake cookies to share (: aka my favorite, and the
one cookie I know how to make with ingredients here and no oven. I must say
they were delicious! But it was such a night, and it was good for them to all
be together, and focus on their families spiritual needs.
We went less active searching his week... I call it scavenger
hunting, because it can literally be so hard sometimes, and we just ask around
if people know them, then they say oh down there.. then we ask people down
there and they say back there. Joke lang, but really it can be quite
challenging at times, but awesome when you are able to find people. One quite
funny, really cool experience this week from looking for less actives was we
were told, oh she lives right there, so went there asked the daughter for her
mother, went in, sat down, and then realized the woman we are talking to is not
a member of the church. She was so nice, but spoke Bicol mainly, but luckily we
had a member with us who spoke Bicol. We taught her a little lesson and she
said we could come back and share to her family again. Kind of funny how you
look for someone, and are led to someone else. Totally the Lords hand in His
work.
So this week we had interviews with our Mission President,
President Reeder, which were in Goa, so I got to go back to my birthplace (aka
training ground). When there, Diane, the investigator I was so close with in
Goa, had her baptismal interview... she passed, and I got to see her come out
of the room after May have started crying so much.... tears of joy (which
believe it or not i really don't cry here very much- I am more tough skinned).
But ahh we hugged, and she freaked out that she got to see me. It was the best
moment. Her baptism is this Saturday, and I got permission to go to it since it
is a 15 minute bus ride away. I didn't tell her though, so it will be a
surprise (: ahhhh I am so happy for her. Her life has changed so much, and it
has been the best experience to have been able to witness the change in her and
see the glow she has from it.
I may have had a very very bad cough at the interviews, so
Sister Reeder told me to go to the doctor. I got my blood drawn in the
hospital.. what an experience haha. They doctors’ offices and hospitals are a
little different here than back home, but I felt safe and it was sterile. It is
just a virus though, no worries... I am getting better.
Another amazing experience this week was we were punter like no
other and it was only 6:45pm, so I said okay... let’s go tracting. I felt we
should go down this back path that I had been wanting to go down, and we went
all the way to the end of it... got barked at my this huge dog, and this baby
started crying so we turned back around. I was praying so much in my heart to
help us know where to go, and we passed this one house, and I prayed to know if
we should go back, I felt a little prompting... go back to them, so we did. And
we met this family who was having their weekly Bible study with a young adult
from their church. They welcomed us in, and we all talked about Matthew 6, and
then they asked us to share our message. It was such a quiet evening, which is
so rare here sometimes, it was the perfect environment to teach and share our
testimonies. We felt we should share how the Book of Mormon and the Bible go
together so perfectly and that Christ shared many of the same sermons in the
New Testament and in the Book of Mormon also. It was an amazing experience and
we are excited to go back there this week.
So last week I mentioned the referral from a member we taught
about missionary work, and we were supposed to meet with them on Monday, well
they may have canceled due to rain, but we met with them last night.... BEST
LESSON! They are seriously so awesome! I love teaching them! The girl, is 22
and her boyfriend a little bit older than her, but they are both so awesome!
They ask so many questions, but they are perfect questions, and all literally
can be answered through the Book of Mormon or the knowledge we have as members
of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I have really come to
realize that the biggest questions of this life, or little things that people
wonder about can be answered through the knowledge we have as members. We know
the answers to questions of the soul, we know our purpose in this life, where
we came from, what we need to do to return to our Heavenly Father, and
where we go after this life. Ahhh I am so happy to know the truth, and so happy
to share it with people. I think I was probably non-stop smiling in the lesson
we taught them. That was one thing my companion told me this week actually is
that I smile a lot in lessons and Ii started noticing that I do. I really am so
happy to be a missionary. There are hard times, but there are moments that make
every hardship worth it for sure.
I am so happy and really have been feeling the lords hand in my
life here in Lagonoy. I hope that this finds people well, and know the Lord is
mindful of us, and we must do our part to feel His presence in our life. I love
this gospel, this church and I cannot wait until General Conference.
xoxox

No comments:
Post a Comment