Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sept. 9th Just got fingerprinted and Mugshot......... for Visa paperwork.

Well I just ran some fingerprints at the police station...
haha joke lang. But I am in Naga right now, and I did have to fill out some paperwork out for Visa's and do some fingerprinting/ mug shots. I guess my batch was so big that there were some Visa issues, or they had to make some adjustments to get us here faster, so we just had to check in and do some paperwork. So so many people from my batch are here today and Naga, and we get to spend out P-day here. SM food trip! The have crunchy peanut butter and tostido chips! haha
But anyways.... I am so happy! I am finally not sick anymore, I forgot to mention I was, but i have had a cold/ sore throat/ sinus thing since I was transferred. But I can finally say today I am better. I read this talk this week from Neal A. Maxwell, and he referred to sicknesses or trials with sicknesses as being tutoring/ learning experiences. It really has been a trial, and experience for me. I kept sniffling through lessons, and coughing, but they Lord really blessed me for doing my best, working hard, and not letting my cold stop me from teaching the people. I am just grateful it’s over with now (:
Let’s see what has happened this week...
We had exchanges. I was with Sister Simbol again in my area. Kind of funny since I have been here one week and don't know the area, or the turns or where to go as well, but it was an adventure. We taught this one woman who was a referral, and we hadn't been able to teach her yet. It was such a powerful lesson. One thing I have learned so much lately is people are very often so quick to open their hearts and tell us everything, as representatives of the Lord. They recognize who we are, and put it all out there. She opened up to us so much, and through the gospel we were able to bring her comfort. It was an amazing feeling to meet her needs and know she recognizes who we represent. I have also realized this time is so sort to be able to have this opportunity; I need to take advantage of it as much as possible.
We have had 3 members work with us 3 times this week, which is awesome. If you have the opportunity to go with missionaries to appointments, GO! We really appreciate it, and it makes for better lessons. 
Well it really is Christmas now here, haha
There is Christmas music playing here right now, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (: I am one happy camper! (Christmas is a 3 month Celebration here in the Philippines)
The language is coming along for those who are wondering. I am trying to pick up some Bicol words (which is the main language here). I want to focus on Tagalog first, but it has been helpful to be able to recognize the main Bicol words, when people use them. Honestly sometimes my companion will say to me, I didn't get anything they told us, haha she is from Tarlac, which is near Manila. We do our best (: I really have loved being a trainer, and especially training Sister Baluyot. She is such a sweetheart, and loves everyone. She really strives to work so hard too. We make a good team! I feel like she is training me sometimes lol
We have Ward Conference on September 29th, aka Courts birthday, and I was made the Choir Director haha. I may have passed it off to someone else though since I really am not musically inclined at all, and have the hardest time leading. Like mom would always say, I have no beat (: hahaha

But really I am so happy here, and it has been a rough start in our area, but it progresses everyday and I am so happy to be here. I have really come to realize more than ever that things take time. The language, my teaching skills, communicating with companions, adjusting to new areas, but with time, effort, love, and the Lords help, all things are possible and we find the miracles and blessings in it all. I love the growth I have had as a missionary and I look forward to all the more growth I have yet to have. I hope all is well. Be smart, and love everyone. xoxxoxox

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment