Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sept. 2nd Laganoy Area... I am a Trainer


Well I had a feeling I was going to train and here I am (: haha
I didn't find out until we were at exchanges and they announced it. My new companion is Sister Baluyot, she is from Tarlac, Philippines and I am her second trainer. Her first trainer became a Sister Training Leader. Training lasts for 3 months, so I am her trainer for  the last 6 weeks of training. But really, she is training me. She is so awesome, we have so much fun! She and her other companion opened the area, and lets just say it has a lot more work and people to find.
Oh yeah I am in Laganoy 2nd Ward, which is in the same stake, Goa Stake, and I am currently sitting in Goa at a computer shop because we come here to withdraw our support/money. I saw the Goa Bishop this morning, and went to my favorite little place to eat, Mango tart and saw the workers I know there. Its nice to be able to have some familiar surroundings and know the area decently well still. Lagonoy is a about a 20 minute bus ride from Goa, and is a lot smaller town. We don't take tricees there hardly ever, except to our far area. If we do use transportation its a padjack.... a bicycle with a bench attached and an umbrella over it. They are awesome, except I feel so bad because I am not the lightest person ever and I hate seeing them struggle to push us up little inclines. Luckily most of the area we are in is pretty flat.
So my trainer, Sister Morales, lives in the same house with the new American trainee, Sister Richins from Logan, Utah. She is so sweet and just got here Wednesday. I have been able to give her so much advice, especially because I had the same trainer haha. They are the the Lagonoy 1st Ward, and we have two elders in our ward. So I am in area B and the Elders are area A. One of the Elders is from my batch from the MTC, Elder Sonderegger. So its fun to know so many people here, the area. It makes it lots easier to adjust.
The ward is awesome here too! I actually had met the Bishop and a bunch of the members at the Goa Stake conference and other events. I have has several people tell me, "oh, I saw you walking in Goa". Which is kind of weird to realize, but I really do stand out here haha. I forget about it sometimes, even when people yell random English sentences they know at me everyday haha.
So this last week during a lesson, I had a chicken fly onto my head repeatedly about 6 times... not exaggerating hahah. It was hilarious. I had to just let it chill there during the prayer because it is so loud when you try to move it. I don't know why he was loving perching on my head. It was quite hilarious.

One really neat experience I had was we were walking through this Barangay and all of sudden I hear "Sister Webster!!!!!!". It was one of our investigators from Goa, Maize. She is really good friends with Liezel Baer, the family I am really close with in Goa. She went to one of our baptisms, I have a picture of me and her, we taught her once, and have taught her brother too. The reason why we haven't taught her much is because she lives in Lagonoy the whole week for school and has such a busy schedule and can never meet with us. But she told us she pretty much considers herself a member. When we saw her, she asked if she could come with us to out appointments, so she came to two of them. Ahh I love her. She is so awesome, and hopefully soon she can be baptized!
This week this little old lady we went to visit, a less active member, spoke all English to us. I answered her all in Tagalog haha. She is so cute, 75 about, and still exercising always. She went off and told many stories. Its hard to stop people sometimes and not be rude, but she told us how to eat, be healthy and take care of our bodies. There are a lot of little old ladies in this ward, and babies, my favorite things, cute old people and babies! haha
One neat experience I had this week was we were reading 3 Nephi 18:4, 9-12 with this less active who hasn't been to church for some time now, and the Tagalog just flowed during the lesson, but even better I felt the Spirit guide me so much of what to say and teach to her needs. It was so powerful! I asked if she would come to church, and she paused for some time and said. "I promise... I will be there" and she sat by us yesterday in church (: I have really come to realize this totally is the Lords work, and if I don't have His help, and the Spirit in the lessons, then there is no lesson, no conversion, and I do not fulfill my responsibility as a missionary.
The area we are in was just opened. Its going to be a lot of work, and I am feeling a little bit stressed with being a trainer, not being fluent, and getting to know all the peoples names, area, and much more, but I have really come to rely on the Lord so much more, and I feel so much closer to Him. I know He is right by my side helping me. I want to be molded and shaped into the daughter He wants me to be. I hope this finds everyone well and that you know I am happy, safe, and so grateful to be serving in the Lords army.
xoxox

Sister Webster
Sister Baluyot & Sister Webster



No comments:

Post a Comment