Monday, April 22, 2013

Last Week of MTC Letter!


KUMUSTA PO KAYO? (How are you?)
Today is the last Pday i will ever have at the MTC! How weird and crazy is that!? I am so excited and cannot believe that the time is here and I will be flying to the Philippines next week.
Here are my flight plans:
Delta SLC flight#4789 9:48am --> LAX 10:50 am April 22nd
Delta LAX flight#283 12:30pm --> NRT (Tokyo Nanita Japan) 4:25 pm April 23rd
Delta NRT flight#173 6:20 pm --> MN Manila Philippines 10:20pm April 23rd.
We stay the night in manila and then will take a flight the next morning to Naga to the mission home. We dont' have those details yet though!
So yeah this is REAL! I am going to the Philippines and I got to say goodbye to English. haha okay I will hear it a bit while I am there but I doubt it!
Soooo I had a list of things I have been wanting to say but I may have left the sheet back in my apt and it was a pure battle for this computer so I am sorry if I don’t answer any questions that all of you have!
This week was so good! I feel so uplifted every day! I am tired everyday haha but I am adjusting to the lack of sleep and the eat, sit, study, eat, sit, study hahaha thank goodness that routine will only be for a couple more days! Dont get me wrong I LOVE the MTC but it sure is a lot of sitting and not so much moving. Gym time is awesome though! I play volleyball every time, sometimes run..... sometimes haha, and it gets intense. My whole zone and the missionaries we share gym time wih, for the majority, are from all around the world. We have a lot of missionaries from Samoa, Tonga, New Zealand, or Australia and man can they play volleyball. Like some girl got a concussion a few weeks before I got here from someone spiking it! Ahhhh.. Don’t worry i am so careful and I play half the time in the more fun court and occasionally go to the intense one. It feels good to play volleyball again!
But yeah.. hmmm one night we had our personal gym time which is we do our own thing for gym at night.. Wednesday night and we ran around the MTC with the elders in our zone and had races, found a duck waddling around, and played four square with a tennis ball they found. Haha and then did a random circuit... jumping jacks and lunges for a few minutes. I love the people in our zone and we have had so much fun!!
What else..
OH so this week, our Investigator "Jonar" was asking us a ton about baptism and faith and how we can return to our Heavenly Father... and we asked him to be baptized... and he accepted! Yayyyyy (: this may not seem like a big deal because he is a pretend investigator and he is our teacher, but he really plays the role and has been hard to teach at times. It was so neat and I cannot wait until that is real life and someone follows the example of Christ and is baptized (to baptize-binyag). Which by the way Tagalog is hard! haha but I am working through it and trying to keep the energy rolling. I get burnt out at times but I know that it is not going to be easy, but it WILL come eventually with a lot of hard work, perseverance, and praying to the Lord for help.
So earlier this week we had a devotional... and this guy from the Media department of the church came and talked on the power of media and taught what the church is doing to change how the world perceives us and the negative things people thing about us. The church is awesome and I love that we are not afraid to stand up for what is right, but we don't make it a "battle". Mormon.org is an awesome website! I love that we can share our beliefs and want to help others come closer to Christ through missionary work.
I love being a missionary and knowing the amazing message I have to share with people, that God loves us, He sent His Sin to atone for our sins, so we can return to live with Him again, and the church Christ established while on the earth has been restored in its fullness and is led by a living Prophet today! The Lord loves us all so much! He is the same today as he was yesterday and will be tomorrow. I am so grateful to be a member of His church and know my purpose in life. God has a plan for each one of us, and it is our duty to turn our hearts towards him and humble ourselves. I hope that everyone is doing good and my prayers and with each one of you reading this. I can't wait to serve the people of the Philippines and help them know Christ.
xoxoxox next time... I will writing from the Philippines!!!!!!!!!! (: ahhhhhhhhh sooooo excited!
Sister Webster
PS I am kinda nervous about the big spiders (gagambas) in the Philippines... but I am ready to conquer my fear haha!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment