Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week 4 in the MTC! Almost out of there! General Conference Weekend:)

Kumusta po kayo?
How are you!?

I have been so spiritually fed this week it is not even funny! I love Conference so much and it was so nice to have it this weekend! I hope that everyone heard what they needed and that we all can reflect on it so much. Like President Monson said we need to study the messages of Conference further and long remember the words we hear!

So one thing that I have been reflecting on and asking a lot is... okay why me? why out of all my friends was I meant to serve a mission and not be married? (don't get me wrong I am so happy to be here, but I have just been wondering why this was my exact path) and we had Brother Ringwood from the Quorum of the 70 come speak to us at a Devotional last week and he said exactly what I needed to hear. The most important work, yes, is in the walls of our own homes, but serving the Lord and the people of the Philippine sis going to my my most important work even stronger and build me up to be good mom. Missions are not the only way to become a good mom, but I have come to realize that it will help me in the future and life President Gordon B. Hinckley once said "everything good in my life, i can trace back to happening because of my mission" (not exact words, but close lol). I know I will be so richly blessed for this and that this will help me endure to the end and set me on the right path.  His wife also spoke and quoted Elder Perry, "Jump out of bed, and set the world on fire" and I am hoping to do just that. This is the Lords work, and I am sharing the best message in the world, we all should be jumpin gout of bed, or doing what we can to share it. I loved that (:

So after conference the BYU singing group Vocal Point came and did a fireside and my was it amazing. They have the best voices and I feel the spirit so strongly through music! I love it (:

Sorry this is not going to be a super long letter because I have to go get my laundry and there is a line waiting haha but I will share a couple of my favorite talks/experiences from this week!

So for conference, I loved...
Pres. Boyd K. Packers talk when he said, "all are born with the light of Christ, what we do with it is the test"... we are all given the light of Christ, but we have agency to choose and make wise choices with it
Dean M. Davies said "prayer should be natural like breathing or eating"..... I have learned that A LOT lately! I have never prayed so much in my life and felt so close to my Savior! My new favorite hymn is "Did you think to pray?" and I ask myself that often here. When I am sad, down or frustrated, I know i can turn to the Lord for comfort.
President Eyring said, "We are witnessed of these things!"... and I am witness of Christ and I KNOW he lives and I am so excited to share that with people around the world. He also said "as we serve the Lord, our families will be blessed and come closer to the Lord also". what a special promise (:   .... and also he said "I promise that the Savior will draw close to you and your family, His hands are outstretched with yours" (: how neat is that statement. Not only is he there for me but He is helping me, with His arms outstretched with mine!
Richard G. Scott said "recognize the goodness in others, not their stains". All of us are imperfect, and we need to not judge! With God those stains can be taken care of but it is not out place to judge them for those stains, it is our job to lift them up and help them.
I liked all the talks that mentioned Africa a) because it made me think of Elder Larson teaching all the amazing people there and b) because it was such a testimony to me that people have little or who live in hard circumstances can be happy, if not happier because they humble themselves and come unto Christ, and are so wonderfully grateful for what they have. I yearn to be more grateful and to know that money, nor things bring happiness
Russell M. Nelson mentioned a lot on missionary work and I loved the bit about Ward Mission Leaders... Dad (:... your role is crucial and so important to the Lords work!
In the Young Women broadcast I loved Pres. Uchtdorfs talk and when he said "Everyone you see is family, remind them they are not alone and love them" and "happiness is a destination, but it’s also a path"
Then his talk in the next session... WOW “Darkness exists, but don't dwell there, dwell in the light" and "Gods light is real, it can be a healing bond". What an amazing metaphor. He also mentioned that we need to learn OF Christ, not about Christ... to learn of Him we must act and become more like Him. We can study all we want, but unless we act upon Christ's example we are not truly learning of Him
Jeffery R. Holland stated... "When doubt or difficulties come, don't be afraid to ask for help, God will send help from both sides of the veil". I love this because I like to think that He sends those we love and those who have passed on to help us feel comfort!
Haha soooo in summary... I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE! If you have never watched it before or haven't watched all the talks I strongly encourage people to! Lds.org is an amazing site and has all the talks there! I love the message of Christ's gospel and I feel so blessed to hear from the Lords apostles and prophet who live today. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true and I KNOW in my heart and mind that Christ lives. He loves each one of us and He has called me to serve in the Philippines. I am so happy to be going there and can't wait! 2 weeks! ahhhh Love you all and I hope all is well! xoxoxox

Sister Webster
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment