Monday was fiesta, and we faced the challenge of being in Centro with all the people, but we made it, and enjoyed seeing all the parades and dance competitions they had going on. We taught one of our new families we have been teaching, and the mother said she felt President Monson is a true prophet and we have living prophets today. It just makes sense! Then we taught a mother the night she was about to go into labor. Not gonna lie if I was about to give birth, and I was waiting for my husband to come home, I don't know if I would want the missionaries teaching me, but she wanted us to and we shared with her about prayers and encouraged her to pray before they left for the hospital. (We saw her baby this week, a baby boy, sooo cute (:.. I swear half the people we teach are pregnant or have new born babies).
Tuesday, We had exchanges with the Tigaon Sisters, I worked with Sister Moulton, and I was so grateful to work with her. She is from Maryland and reminds me so much of Sister Emily Culp it is crazy! I thoroughly enjoyed myself that day and we saw so many awesome miracles and the Spirit was very strong. I feel all the people we taught had done their commitments, and had noticed the difference in their lives.
Wednesday, We had exchanges with the Lagonoy 2B Sisters. I worked with Sister Alitini in my second area (: I was able to go back and see so many people! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was there! One of the nanays squealed, and jumped, and cried when she saw me! I was so happy to see her too (picture attached is with her)! Even though I was only there for 6 weeks, I seriously loved that area! I got to visit with our recent converts there. ahhh so happy to see them (: They have been having some trials and haven't been able to go to church for a few weeks, but we helped them realize all the growth they have had and how the Lord has given them so much more now. They went to church yesterday! I know the Lord called me to Goa 1st not just for the people here in the ward, but the sisters we work with, and the other area/members I worked with previously. I was so blessed to be able to go back there (:
Thursday we were locked out of the church for District Meeting, so we had out meeting at Biggs restaurant hahah. They have a conference room upstairs, but it was just funny having it there, then we had to all eat there. I order Filipino food now at restaurants haha I'd rather have laing (a dish here) and rice, than a burger.
We taught Lisa that day, and she reminds me so much of Hermina from Nabua. She said she feels we fell from heaven and she hasn't gone to church in 8 years and hasn't felt the desire to, but now she does (: I really like teaching her!
Friday, we decide to fast, and let me tell you, so many blessings! Found a less active, taught powerfully about the Book of Mormon, finally got to contact this amazing family Sister Adkins met in a tricee, and we just felt the Spirit so much!
Sunday, I was able to see two of the young men we started to teach in Goa 2nd and they were baptized in December. Attached is a photo them and some of the youth from Goa 2nd ward. I seriously was so happy to see them!
I have noticed how hard Satan works on the missionaries closer to going home, and how exhausted my body is, but I know I must keep giving my all up until the moment they tell me to take off my name tag, and that starts a whole new type of missionary work for me. I have been making plans to reactivate family members, give Book of Mormon to friends, and neighbors, and to continue rising my warning voice to all who will listen. I really feel I have let my mission change me and I am excited to apply it when I do go home.
I just love missions! They seriously are the best. It’s so hard to explain the happiness we feel, but just so you know I feel like I am beaming right now with happiness. We have had a hard time getting investigators to church and we are going to work so hard, but I have just come to realize so much I have to find happiness in the little things. The fact that someone read a verse is one step towards conversion. They prayed to know, another step.. The Gospel is something they have to take in, accept, and live. It’s not easy, nor is it easy for me, or any member of the church, but we must do it. I always have said, the hardest things in life are the most worth it. It’s hard to walk to straight and narrow path, but if we do, and we endure it well, and, if we keep His commandments and endure to the end we shall have eternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God (D&C14:7). I love this Gospel. Endure Brothers and Sisters and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and we shall all be able to qualify for eternal life! Have a good week!
xoxoxox
Sister Webster

No comments:
Post a Comment