Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7th, 2014 Remember through small and simple things, great things will come to pass

This has been a busy week, and it is crazy to think that this is the week we went to Manila. It feels like 3 weeks ago. When we were in Manila for fingerprinting and for my visa we all were so excited our hotel room had carpet and aircon, but by the end of the evening we had to turn it down and I was frozen wrapped up in a blanket haha. We were there for less than 24 hours, but it was good, and I got to catch up with Sister Barlow (my follow up companion), Sister Horst, and Sister Taylor (MTC batch). We got to hear each other’s mission stories and all the amazing things we have seen on our missions.

Right when I got back, we had exchanges with the Naga 3A Sisters. I worked with Sister Stettler. She is friend with Bree Ann Fausett. I told her Bree is getting married and she was really excited for her. She said Bree went to her farewell! Small world. I forgot how we connected the dots, but we somehow did (: We had some really neat lessons and at on appointment we were able to teach a whole family outside of their home. They were so interested and I am excited to hear more about the following visits.

Wednesday, we had Missionary Leadership Council. It was a great council and we really discussed what more we can do for the missionaries to be more exactly obedient. We were told, "Exact obedience needs to be a culture". We have so many different cultures of missionaries serving here, but one we all need to adopt is the culture of exact obedience. There is no other way to truly see miracles as a missionary. I have come to realize that in its fullness here on the mission. We must also be obedient to Gods commandments in order to receive any blessing.

Thursday was a funny one. This cute little 3 year old, Leah, got attached to Sister Adkins, and wouldn't let us leave the area. She screamed, cried, and we could hear her all the way past the terminal which is by their house. She is adorable, and loved holding her hand! We both love the children here so much! WE had been able to teach Leah's parents, and they have been reading in the Book of Mormon. They both told us they are looking for the truth, and we just smiled and told them they are close to finding it (: I love meeting people who the Lord has prepared so much to hear the Gospel. We also were able to teach a less actives husband who said he wants to be baptized. They are not married yet, but are going to be in December. The same less active, came to church yesterday and bore her testimony (: She is about to have a baby, and literally such an amazing woman. I look up to her so much. We walked by her house Saturday and she was chopping wood. she is 9 months pregnant, so we stopped her and did the rest for her (:

Friday, we got to teach one of our favorite families again, and they are slowly progressing. They have been praying to know the truth, and every time the mother talks about it she looks like she is about to cry... she said she felt it’s true. Step by step (:

Overall, on Friday, and Saturday we have been able to teach so many families. It has been our focus and even if the progression is slower paced, I know it will make for more of a lasting conversion, and will lead to families being sealed in the temple (:

I am grateful the time really is not passing by so fast, and I'm still able to keep serving and make a contribution to the Goa 1st Ward. We have had challenges with Investigators Attending Sacrament, and we have been slightly bummed these past few weeks, but we keep on trying out best, and knowing that in the end it is their agency to come or not to come to church. We are going to continue being bold in our invitations and help them understand the commandment.

I have really come to realize this is not my time, this is the Lords time. I read an awesome article this week in the newest Liahona about the Book of Mormon and how it is the instrument in the Gathering of Israel, and the preparation for the Second Coming. I am so blessed to be an instrument in the gathering, and help lead God's children back to His fold. Of course I am excited to go home, and start a new phase of missionary work there, but I will not let that in any way effect the work I still have to do here. I love my mission and I am gonna end it right (:

I love all of you, and I am so blessed to be a part of the hastening of the work here in Goa. Keep sharing your testimony and remember through small and simple things, great things will come to pass (: xoxoxx


post signature






No comments:

Post a Comment