Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 26th - I know that I can do whatever the Lord sets me to do, as long as I have faith in Him, and trust that He is the one that knows what’s best.


Hello everyone!

Life is great, and I am in a new area! I am in the Nabua area, which is by Iriga, about an hour from my last area. My companion is Sister Bersola, and I also have a new calling as the new Sister Training Leader. I am not going to lie, it was quite of a shock for me, but I know the Lord will help qualify me and help me do what He needs me to do.

As a Sister Training Leader we go on exchanges with Sisters in the mission.
We are assigned to 8 sets of Sisters, and go on transfers with them every transfer (every 6 weeks). Our first ones are tomorrow in Buhi, so wish me luck. I feel a little overwhelmed, and not ready for all this responsibility, but I know the Lord will help me, and I have felt Him very close to me this whole week.

I am really going to miss the people in Canaman. I met so many amazing people there, and have many good memories. It was really neat opening the Canaman area, and when we were going around and I was saying goodbye I realized how much the area has grown and progressed. There is so much more to go, but I am grateful for the opportunity to have been able to have served there and helped people there come unto Christ.

While there, we had an investigator Carmen accept the baptismal invitation. She has come to church twice and said she believes it is true. I love her! She seriously just knows, and feels in her heart the things we teach her are true! I love the Holy Ghost, and the power He has to testify to the souls of those we teach.

We had exchanges on Wednesday and I was with Sister Abarabar. We were in my area, and were able to go and teach many of our investigators and less active members.

One of the days we were able to teach Allyssa. She is only 14, but the smartest 14 year old I have ever met. She asks the most amazing questions about resurrection, and our life here on earth, and responds with the most amazing answers. I really love teaching her. When we went to say goodbyes, she made me a card, and gave me some things to remember her. Another investigator, Brother Lito, our Catholic next door neighbor that has been coming to church was so sad. He bought me a big bag of sugared peanuts as a goodbye gift, and helped me put my luggage on the tricee. He was waiting for us so he could help, and say goodbye again haha. I hope to see him join the church one day (: I know that the Lord places people in our paths as missionaries for specific reasons.

So I have only had a couple days in my new area, but I love it. It is quite different from the area that I have had, but so far so good. There is no ward, we are actually a group, and meet in the top level of a warehouse type place that was renovated by the church. I was not able to get pictures yesterday at church but I will next time. There were about 30 people at church, including the couple missionaries who are here, Elder and Sister Gardner, and 6 missionaries. There was a baptism in the Elders area on Saturday and we had it at the Bato Branch building (which is the branch we are under). The Brother, or newest convert of our group, is so sweet, and he had called out to the missionaries when they had walked by.

Since we are a group, we only have 2 hours of church, and guess who was the first speaker in church....me (: and then Sister Bersola. I talked about the Book of Mormon, and the power it has to change lives. Sister Gardner told me afterwards, that she didn't understand what I was saying, but she had this feeling that if my mom could see me now she would be so proud (:  That was something I really needed to hear. I know this is going to be one challenging area, but I have felt the Lord lifting me up, and blessing me tremendously. I know that the best things in life are sometimes the hardest, but they are the most worth it. I also know that the Book of Mormon is word of God, and we need to read this book to know what the Lord wants us to do to become more like Him.

One of the families we visited and read the Book of Mormon with is the Antonio family. The Tatay looks like a Filipino version of Grandpa Jack (My Dad’s Dad), and reminds me of him to (: I took a picture with him so mom, you will have to post it!

I know that I can do whatever the Lord sets me to do, as long as I have faith in Him, and trust that He is the one that knows what’s best. May this find all of you happy and well. xoxoxox
 Love always

post signature


Naga Farewells

Allyssa and Sis. Vanessa Webster

Filipino Grandpa Jack


No comments:

Post a Comment