Sunday, December 15, 2013

Dec. 9th, 2013 "I know Christ lives, and He will come again to this earth"


Where do I start?  This has been an eventful/long week, but everything has been good. Sometimes it amazes me how much can happen in one week while on a mission.

Monday we decorated our apartment for Christmas, and I must say it looks AWESOME! I hopefully will be able to send photos today. We have had some computer problems, but it is all good now.

We had an amazing experience with Ace on Tuesday. We know without a doubt he has repented of his sins, and is so ready to be baptized. he is such an example to me. When he needs to make a change in his life, he changes it. He doesn't question anything, he just knows if it is coming from God, he must do it. We are so blessed to teach him. He has been making a Christmas/Nativity Slideshow this week to EFY and church music we downloaded for him. He also came with us to a lesson to his cousin, and pulled out quotes he had read earlier that day from President Thomas S. Monson, and other things he had found online at lds.org. So pretty much he is awesome. I think I have been saying the same thing every week, but every week he amazes us.

So I had a checkup at my doctors, and we may have ended up giving him a Book of Mormon, and he told us he rather would read in Tagalog, but kept the Tagalog one, and we said when we came back for our other checkup, we'd give him one. He was the one he was asking me questions about the church while he was doing the procedure on my toe.

This last Saturday, we had the Stake Relief Society Christmas party.... SO many people! We had a less active member who has not been to church in 10 years attend! She did not stay for long, but she came (: The party was so fun! Food, a little market, and many skits/performances. I may have recorded most of them (:

We also had any amazing conversation with our security guard friend at a gas station in our area. We met him once before, and have stopped by and shared little things here and there, but i felt the Spirit testify to me, and Sister Roderick said the same thing after we left, that he is truly seeking for the truth, and he asked us, "If there were prophets, and apostles then, shouldn't we have them now?". We were beaming and said, "We have an answer for that question" (: He is awesome, and he doesn't live in our area. We have given the referral to the other missionaries, but do what we can when we see him!

One of my favorite experiences this week was when we went to go see Ariel, and he wasn't there, but his brother invited us in, and we had all of his siblings watch "Finding Faith in Christ" with us. It was perfect! They are such a sweet family, and so loving to each other. Hopefully we can teach them all together more often.

I have such a strong testimony that the Lord lets other plans, or things fall through, either for us to learn, or for other greater things to happen. When we get punted, or when no one is home, I have been trying to think, okay what does this mean, and what are we to do now. I have been learning so much about patience, timing, and that the Lords will, and His time, is what we must live by, and not our own. We need to be willing to wait for the right time for things, and be patient with ourselves and others. Small things, lead to greater things. All of our good work, leads to the bigger picture, and bigger blessings.

I know Christ lives, and He will come again to this earth. Now, today, is the time to repent. Don't hesitate to do so. We will be, and the Lord will be much happier the sooner we repent and strive to live a better life than yesterday. I love you all, be safe, and pray always (:

post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment