Happy Thanksgiving weekend... Sister Roderick and I may or may not have forgotten about Thanksgiving until yesterday (December 1st) hahaha (: and Happy 23rd wedding anniversary mom and dad!)
This week has been a fun one, just like every other week haha.
I may have had toe surgery... It’s pretty gross story, but pretty much I got an ingrown toe nail and I tried fixing it and it got infected... sorry if this is T.M.I haha but yeah so I had to have a procedure done on my toe, and what an experience. I feel this is a procedure they would do in a little doctor’s office, no big deal. Here in the Philippines, I had to change into a gown, get a bracelet, and was wheeled in a wheel chair into the scariest white tiled, big operating room. It was pretty freaky, and I couldn't understand all the nurses were saying in Bicol hahaha. The doctor, I had met before this and thankfully I love him! He is awesome, and such a good doctor. He is actually a heart, and lungs doctor, but can do all around things. So yeah... it was an interesting experience, but I don't have to limp around anymore and the pain is gone! So I am one happy missionary again. It started a while ago, I just have been toughing through, but I am so grateful it’s fixed now!
Well enough of the grossness haha but the work has been great! That procedure got me back on my feet and we were able to work that afternoon. Maybe shouldn't have haha but it was so worth it. We had really good lessons that day.
I love being a missionary, and seeing the effects reading the Book of Mormon, and God's words has on people. I love it when we are able to be in a lesson and the Holy Ghost testifies so strongly to them that what they are reading is true, and they are smiling so much and enjoying what they are reading. The Book of Mormon, and the Bible have such much power in them. I know I am a better person, and am becoming closer to my Heavenly father when I read from the Book of Mormon.
We taught all of our very progressing investigators on Wednesday, so it was one bust filled, very spiritual day. They are all doing so great and we had our Ward Mission leader come with us to two of them. He has such a strong testimony and deep knowledge of the gospel, so we love working with him. We taught Ace about Word of Wisdom, and the Law of Chastity, and he pretty much taught it to us. All we said was Law of Chastity and he brought up a scripture he had read in Alma 38-39 about Alma teaching his son Shiblon about the law of Chastity. It was awesome! He also continued on saying that we need to keep our thoughts, actions, and words clean... He is awesome! He soaks up everything, and really applies it all to his life immediately. I want to be more like him, and very willing to give up everything, and stand up for the truth always. He is an amazing example to me.
On Thursday we went to one of our investigators that I had tracted and taught with Sister Sands when we were all split up. We had given her a Book of Mormon the previous visit, and I asked her if she could go get it. She came out and it was all marked with leaflets and the titles of the chapters. Her name was printed on the side of the book, and she told us how she had wanted to make things easier to find when she read! So awesome! She also loves learning and really tries to grasp all we teach her and make comments on it all and how it applies to her!
On Friday we were able to teach the Plan of Salvation to an investigator who we have not been able to teach for a while due to different schedules, but I have missed her! She is the one who was so happy when we told her there is a living prophet. She loved learning about the Plan of Salvation, The more and more I teach it to people, the stronger my testimony is. I know God's plan is so perfect, and He has promised us so much, if we just follow the commandments he has given us.
The Sisters in our ward had a baptism Saturday, that we attended, and Ace, Ariel, and Oliver came! Then on Sunday they all three came to church again. It was a good Sunday. We had dinner at Aces with a member named Merly, and taught him about Obedience and Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. We had taught him about fasting this week, and he fasted this Sunday. Such a good guy. Cannot wait until he is baptized!
I love being a missionary. Nothing tops the amazing feelings here, and I am so grateful for my area I am in now. I know it won't be forever, but I am really loving it so much. Maybe I can train here again (: We shall see what the Lord has in store, and all the people I still have yet to meet (:
Hope all is going well and you all are having a good week. xoxox

No comments:
Post a Comment