That’s right; we have transfers tomorrow on my Birthday (12/31). I am staying in the area, and Sister Roderick is leaving (I am going to miss her so much), and I will be training again! There are no foreigners coming in this time, so I know I will be training a Filipina, but I don't know her name or where she is from yet. I will meet her on Wednesday, and be temporary companions with Sister Sanft, and her companion for Tuesday, and work in their area with them. This week is bringing in the New Year. A new companion, new investigators, and new perspectives. I am so grateful to be staying here in the Canaman Ward, and excited to keep serving the people here!
But as for this past week, Christmas was great!
On Monday we had FHE at the Carr Family's again (Ariel, Oliver, Julius, etc.). We had set up a scavenger hunt for pieces of a puzzle we had made from the Liahona and it was so fun! They loved it! The puzzle was off the Nativity, and we shared about the greatest gift God has given us, His Son, Jesus Christ.
Christmas Eve we ate at Ace's with Sister Merly, a member who works with us a lot and Brother Franco, our Ward Mission Leader. We had lamb! It was so good, and they had just got it from their farm earlier that day! I cannot say that I have had that fresh of lamb meat before, but it was very good! We were very full afterwards.
On Christmas day, I got to Skype my family.. and KIRA! I was so happy to see her, we may have both started crying and were smiling non-stop. I love my sister, and I am so happy she is serving the Lord right alongside me, in Guatemala. I also am so happy to have the most amazing parents, and sister, Courtney! They each are so strong, and have helped me become who I am today. Family is the best (: I really have not been home sick. It is definitely different here for Christmas, but it was so humbling. People have so little here, yet give so much! They are so creative and resourceful! I really felt and have a better understanding of the true meaning of Christmas.
We had interviews with President Reeder this week, and I was sung Happy Birthday in Chinese by Elder Zou. It was awesome! Then in Tagalog, and English. So many languages! I am so grateful for President Reeder and all that he teaches us. I appreciate the words of advice he so freely gives to us missionaries. He sticks to the simple doctrine, doesn't complicate things, and really has helped me realize that the little things are of the most importance because they are what help the big things happen. I know that I am supposed to stay in Canaman. I was a little surprised when we received the announcement, but at the same time I wasn't.
I am ready to train again, and looking forward to meeting her on Wednesday. I have heard that all the new sisters coming in are Filipina, and I am excited to have a Filipina companion again to help me grow more in the Tagalog language, and learn more about the Filipina culture.
This week has been very amazing. It is my 22nd Birthday tomorrow and I thought, let’s try to teach 22 lessons for my 22nd Birthday. We have been averaging around 16 a week lately, and we thought why not push ourselves this Christmas. We hit 22 lessons exactly, and seriously we feel so blessed! At first, we didn't know if it was going to be possible, but we used our faith, and worked really hard, and were rewarded. We also decided to be bolder with baptismal dates, and we have 2 more! I can testify with my whole heart that if we put our trust in the Lord, He will make up for our weaknesses and make the impossible, possible.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I was overwhelmed with how many of you sent me an email, and seriously it made my day (: Maraming salamat talaga!
I know this is true. I feel so blessed to be a servant of the Lord at this time when the Lord is truly hastening His work here on the earth, and especially at this time of the year. I love my family, friends, and every one of God's children. We really truly have such great worth as His children.
Hope all is well, and Happy New Year to all (:
xoxoxox

No comments:
Post a Comment