This has been one amazing week! Filled with so many different things, but all so amazing and uplifting. We had our Ward Christmas Party (full of videoake and games), Christmas Mission Conference, Aces baptism, and lots more.
For starters Monday we had Family Home Evening with the Carr family (Ariel, Oliver, and Julius-and many more). It was so fun, and we shared a message about the Light of Christ in our life. They are 3 of our Investigators, who are actually cousins of Ace, but that we have been teaching and have been coming to church with us. They are awesome! One amazing family. I feel very blessed to know them!
Another memorable lesson this week was when we returned to teach a less active and her grandchildren are all visiting for the holidays. They had been here in October and we had read with them, and given them the Book of Mormon. This time, they told us they have been reading when they come home from school and are in 1 Nephi Chapter 12. The oldest is 11 years old! They are all so adorable and so attentive when we share with them. They are all still young, but have such a strong desire to learn, and read the Book of Mormon. It’s cute, when we come to their house and say, "Tao po", they all say "Sisters, the Sisters!!", and run out to greet us! We cannot help but love them! So cute!
Thursday we had our Mission Christmas Conference, where the whole mission came together. We watched The Legend of Johnny Linggo- so funny, had some food, talent show, and lots of time to socialize and see everyone. This was Sister Christensen, and Sister Simbol's last day! So weird, they are home now, and I really miss them, but they were amazing examples to me, and I know they worked hard through their whole missions.
That evening in preparation for Ace’s baptism we have reviewing some of the lessons, and we had him teach us the Plan of Salvation. It was awesome! He was so prepared for his baptism, and he finished reading the whole Book of Mormon cover to cover in Friday, the day before his baptism!
His baptism was a bit stressful, as is any baptism haha. It was to start at 1pm, but started at 2pm, but it all worked out once it had started. His sister was able to come and it was such a spiritual experience for all who were able to be there. The speakers did amazing, and one was especially touching about enduring to the end.
It really hit me that this is only the beginning for Ace’s new life as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ. He has so much more to endure, and trials to overcome, but I am so happy he knows the truth and has the fullness of the gospel in his life now!
I am so grateful, and so blessed to be able to witness the change and conversion in one of God's children. Ace's testimony after he was baptized was one of the most beautiful, heartfelt testimonies I have ever heard. He testified of how he knew the Book of Mormon is the word of God with tears in his eyes, and how he is so grateful to have found what he was searching for. He said his soul was hungry and he found the answer the search he has been on. I know he will do all he can to endure to the end of this life, and obtain eternal glory with our Father in Heaven.
I am so blessed to have been able to help one of my brothers find the path to return to our Father in Heaven, and His Son Jesus Christ.
I am so blessed to have been here in the Canaman Ward at this time, and to have been a part of such a miracle. The Lord Lives, He loves each one of us so much. At this time of Christmas we not only focus on the birth of Christ, but what His birth into the world actually means for us, Salvation! We are saved through our Brother, Jesus Christ. I love this Gospel, and the knowledge I have gained about my Savior, Jesus Christ. I have been reading Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage, and I KNOW Christ is the Only Begotten of the Father, and the One called to Atone for ALL of God's children in order to return to Him. I love you all so much, and hope you can reflect on the true meaning of Christmas this holiday season. Enjoy this time, serve others, and give of yourself, you will gain so much more in return (:

No comments:
Post a Comment