Soooo Transfer week!
My companion, Sister Morales will be transferred tomorrow and I
will travel to Naga to meet my new companion! I cannot believe that I am all
done with training. It does not seem real and I half think, wait am I ready?
hahah but I know I can do it. I will be "leading" the area, which
means I know the people and the area so I will have to show my companion around
and start out the greetings and hellos with people. Which I do that now, but I
can't always carry long conversations because of the lack of vocabulary or
understanding of what they say but I am going to do my best (:
But yeah, I am excited for what lies ahead of me, and it will be
good to have a new companion, new view, and teaching styles to help me become a
better missionary, and more experienced in the language.
So Sister Morals and I made T-Shirts with our pictures on it....
so funny. They turned out being very girly, pink, and almost kid like haha but
I love it. Just makes it even funnier to wear.
So funny story before I tell the miracles and good.
This week we were teaching a lesson on temples and I felt
something pinch my butt, I turned around to see a duck right there pulling away
from me... haha it didn't hurt but it totally caught me off guard and luckily
no one noticed and the lesson just kept going hahaha
Oh and it is for sure rainy season! We went to our one area we
call the "jungle" when it was pouring and I was slipping and sliding
everywhere and fearing snakes would be in the ankle high water we walked
through, but we made it safe and sound lol My umbrella may have broken through,
so that is on my list of to buys (: we embrace the rain and have fun singing,
walking through lakes of water, and being soaked to the bone haha
So to the miracles or things I have been blessed to be a part
of.
We had 96 people at church yesterday, which is so high for our
ward! Two less active members who have not been in ages and we visited this
week were there! I was so happy to see them! Hopefully they keep coming.
The really neat experience happened after Relief Society class
(for the women). We meet this woman who came with a friend and she came to the
visitors class (Gospel Principles) and right when she sat down she started
sobbing. We were worried and my companion went over to talk to her, She said
she felt that by being at church, she felt her burdens lightened, peace in her
heart, and a warmth that was filling her whole body! She was so happy to be
there, and she wants us to teach her now. She has had a lot of hard trials and
I am so happy she was able to find peace at church. It made me realize that
there is such a peace at church and we can feel the comfort and peace if we
open our hearts to it.
I have realized this week that I can try my very best and some
people will not accept the message we have to share, and there are the people
who we don't say anything, they come to us and are so ready to hears the
message of the Gospel. What it really comes down to is the Lord is preparing
His children for missionaries, and some harden their hearts, but we are here as
representatives as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to teach to
all, and find those who are ready and help them come closer to their Father in
Heaven.
I feel so grateful for this opportunity to be amongst the Lords'
servants and be doing Hid work. It is rolling forward, people are more ready,
and the work is being hastened, I can testify to that. But we don't need
nametags on to do the Lords work, it helps, and gives me an authority to do so,
but all can come to know the blessings of missionary work through sharing the
gospel of Jesus Christ with others. Fear and faith cannot coexist, so we must
not be afraid of what lies ahead or fear the unknown. The Lord is all knowing
and He seeks to bless us, IF we turn towards Him, and Follow Him (:
When things get hard and all seems to fail, get down on your
knees! The Lord knows you better than anyone else.
Love you all xoxoxox

| Don't Make Sis Morales Mad ! |
| Homemade Girly Companion Shirts |
| My Lil Shadow |
No comments:
Post a Comment