Friday, July 5, 2013

Stormy Weather


Stormy Weather
We start out not having water at 8am so… no shower, we cannot do our laundry, and we have cleaning checks but can’t wash the floors or anything else hahaha
Then our electricity went out, aka no fans, and we have no air conditioning haha
Then our gas stove ran out of gas so no food (:

We all were laughing so hard. I am learning to really understand that these things are all important but they do not define or make us truly happy and the temporal things all work out. We adjust!

So this week...
We went tracting! Woot woot! It was a fun experience and we had some people seriously placed in our path. We talked to people as we walked and stopped at some houses along Zones, 4, 5, and 6 in Gimaga. So zones are kind of like more defining of what area they live in the neighborhood. We taught this woman and came back yesterday and taught her the first lesson. She is a devout Catholic but is willing to learn more about our message so we shall see how that goes. We also found 2 less actives who we don't have records for so that was neat!

The awesome experience though was when we went to go find a less active on our list and we were talking to her, and she was pretty much telling us she had no time to listen and was busy, BUT she owns a tindahan (little shop) and there was this girl buying powdered milk there and she said to my companion "Could you come teach my family and I?"..... UH yes! hahaha

So we went to visit with them and the mother was so nice! They loved talking to us and we were there for like 30 minutes. They pretty much asked us when church was and we invited them to come to church and gave them a Book of Mormon. They seemed so willing to listen and they wanted to know more. We have gone back to visit but they have not been there. But when we got home I was looking through Former Investigators, and found the father of the family had been taught in 2011- 5 lessons! So I will fill you in on how that goes. They said they would come to church, but there was a big baguio (storm) Saturday night so a lot of people were not able to come to church yesterday. 

So about the storm... IT WAS CRAZY! We had a Missionary Fireside we had planned this whole month... well with the pouring rain all day and no one really showing up haha the people who did show up, we decided we'd all clean the church and put pictures on the bulletin board. So it turned out probably being more use of our time and we were flexible. But President said to stay close to our areas but by the time we got done we figured we should go in and we were right. There was no power and it was POURING and so windy! Quite scary. So we did companionship study by candlelight and found leaks in our ceiling so we had a pool of water on our floor haha it was crazy.Sister Christensen and Sister Farnes were stuck in it. They came home soaked and their umbrellas completely broken lol. 

One miracle we had yesterday though is we have a less active Priesthood holder, who went through the temple with his wife, but she left him and he had not been to church for 3 years. But we have been teaching his daughter and she was baptized. We encouraged him to come to the church and talk to the Bishop to see if he could baptize his daughter, and he was able to. He came a Sunday before the baptism, then when she was confirmed, then we had the Bishop and Elders Quorum President come with us to visit him and he came to church again, and said the opening prayer in Sacrament! 

Miracles can happen and I am grateful for the chance to be a part of them! 

I am realizing more and more every week that I am so grateful for challenges and the chance I have to grow. I love the mountains that I have to climb and they are rough, but I know the view will be great and I want to keep enduring and learning to be more Christ like through my trials. I love the people here and the examples they are to me, especially my companion. I have learned so much for her and will be forever grateful for the lessons she has taught me and the example she has been. I miss people from home aka my family so much, but I will be back, after I am more refined and molded into the person the Lord wants me to be. Thanks for all the love and encouragement. Like in the Worldwide Broadcast, we ALL our missionaries so go out, act and make the difference. I have a name tag to authorize me to share the gospel here in the Philippines, but we ALL have the call to share the gospel with everyone we know. We an example to the believers and stand as a witness of Christ at all times and you will see miracles in your life and others (: xoxoxox

Until next week


post signature
Ahoy Mates ! 

Loves Sis. Webster

A Rainy Fiesta

No comments:

Post a Comment