Monday, May 20, 2013

Stomach Virus and a Black Out!


This has been the funniest past two weeks... sorry I didn't write last week. I skyped with my family for some time and emailed them back and forth my whole email time. So good to talk to them for Mothers Day.

To fill everyone in, I had a really bad stomach virus for like 5 days and was bed ridden for most of the time, but I am better now and feel so much more energized. It was so weird! It hurt to move, and I had the worst migraines, and was nausea, but thank goodness it passed and I am better now. I was told a lot of people get something when they first get here because there are a lot of sicknesses or things we have never been exposed to. But I am good now, but now my companion has been sick.... so we are taking it one day at a time and we have been able to work more with her being sick. So we are working through it. Today actually we went to the hospital for a check up for her... actually not too sketch. They had a cool eel in a tank haha. But they pretty much checked her heart rate, talked about her symptoms and gave us some drugs and sent us on our way.. 20 minutes tops haha. I was hoping I would get to see them draw her blood or something! ( For those of you who don't know, Vanessa is a Medical Laboratory Science Major at BYU... she likes that kind of stuff. Haha)

Oh my, so today we had no water, we lost power at about 12, and there was a huge thunderstorm, so we are at a random computer shop in centro (the center of Goa) where they have back up generators.

We were told we wouldn't have water thank goodness so we have stalked up, and have buckets and buckets saved, and we set more out in the rain to collect water haha. So funny! So I can tell you bucket showers are not as bad as people make them out to be, and it is weird flushing to toilet with buckets of water, and fun sitting in the apartment with no fans, and even more hilarious when you are cooking Ramon and night and a black out happens and you and your companion left your back up light upstairs and its pitch black.

Literally life in the Philippines is AWESOME! I love it. It makes for hilarious experiences and you just have to laugh it off.

Ano pa? (What else?) Oh yeah the weekend I was sick we had Stake Conference and Elder Ardern from the Quorum of the 70 and his wife came to speak and it was so good. They are from New Zealand and shared wonderful messages about the family and with it being Mothers day. He also talked about revelation and how "revelation comes with perspiration" and how we need to act and work for our blessings. Faith is action and without the sweat, work, and diligence we cannot increase our faith and grow. Amazing messages, even though I was sick to my stomach during it.

So much of our work here is working with less actives and unifying the ward. We have a hard time unifying and making people involved. It is a struggle, and there is lack of support at times, but we are doing what we can and coming up with ways to help people be involved and join in. We had a ward bonding day this past Saturday at a 'resort' which is like a community pool pretty much with videoake everywhere... (which by the way is so funny... people are shy here and so quite when they pray but are not afraid to belt out in song in a microphone when they cannot hit a note). And I slightly dislike videoake because my right out my window is a resort and they went until 5:30 am on Friday night.... hard to sleep when T swift karaoke by a man is being blasted at 4am hahaha but I just laugh it off and I'm grateful for the weekdays.

Today I alphabetized the area book and I plan on making a huge map of the area. People don't have numbered addresses so you just ask around where people live and you somehow find them but I got a ward list and I am going to try to find those "lost sheep" and people who have slipped under the cracks. Wish me luck (: I have to go... and I am sure I have forgot 1000's things I wanted to say but I love you all and have a good week (: xoxoxoxox





















post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment