Monday, May 6, 2013

A Busy Week!



Hello fam bam!
  My oh my has this been a week. I am trying to think of everything and it tends to blur together but I will do what I can!
 Court you looked GORGEOUS at Prom! I have such a pretty sister! and Kira is all moved out and headed out for her mission soon! I’m so excited for you Bear!
 Let’s see since last pday we have taught 39 lessons! That’s right 39! Some of them are short, but they are very direct and to the point (I usually say few words or attempt to say more but whatevs). The language is still very very difficult and I expect it to be for quite some time. Rome wasn't built in a day I guess. Or how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. I say these things and I know I need to be patient but it still is hard.
I read D&C 24:8 today:
Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days.
But people are so nice and really try to listen when I talk. There have only been a few times where kids laugh at me... and it’s quite frustrating when you are bearing your testimony and they start chuckling but I just try brush it off. So I went to this place called Graceland to eat Halo-Halo (mix-mix) which is this ice cream/slush thing (i will attach the picture) with my companion because everyone kept saying it is bomb! Hahaha it was so weird!!! Haha it had some different tastes! So funny, lol but worth trying! I will just love the day I can have some BYU Creamery Ice cream again!
 OH my gosh yesterday I was pulling out a shirt from my closet and a cockroach was on it and darted so fast into my closet more. I screamed, and Sister Christensen came an killed it haha. I am more adjusted to the bugs, but cockroaches.... yuck! The geckos are always all over our apt and I had two near my bed last night but I don't mind them. They are actually so cute, just kind of loud, but so cute!
 So I totally have a little Grandma here who takes care of me! I have a ton of mosquitoes bites and we were sitting on the floor of her house and she pulled out this medicine called Katinko and started putting it on all my bites. I love her! She tries talking to me and tries to communicate even though I don't always know what she says, he tries and just smiles a lot. I love my Filipina grandma! (:
 So I had a very touching spiritual experience yesterday. It has been a rough week and this was something that really has impacted me. So there is this baby boy at a house we'd teach at, and he was severely malnourished... literally so sad. It broke my heart every time we saw him and we'd always bring crackers for him and the other kids. But he passed away last week and it was really sad. I seriously am so sad, but also happy he does not have to suffer anymore and he is with God. The funeral/viewing service was yesterday in their bahay (home) and there were a few members in the ward. I was the chorister and my companion said the opening prayer, and a bishopric member and two other members of the word said a few words. I am so glad I bought a little hymn book at the MTC. The songs had been previously chosen, but I was just looking up songs beforehand about comfort and I found this song called Children of Our Heavenly Father.
 Here are the lyrics to the song:

Children of Our Heavenly Father

 1. Children of our Heav'nly Father
Safely in his bosom gather;
Nestling bird nor star in heaven
Such a refuge e'er was given.

 2. Neither life nor death shall ever
From the Lord his children sever;
 Unto them his grace he showeth,
 And their sorrows all he knoweth.

 3. Though he giveth or he taketh,
 God his children ne'er forsaketh;
His the loving purpose solely
To preserve them pure and holy.

 After the service and some people had walked out I felt strongly that I should share this song with the mother of the baby. I started crying while reading it and then I hugged her. She started crying into my shoulder and I just held her as she cried. I felt the Spirit testify to me so strongly that even though I cannot speak fluently to her or anyone around me, I can comfort them and help them feel Heavenly Fathers love for them. I hugged her for a long time and she held my arm and kept thanking me. I know that this is what she needed with the loss of her child, someone to just hug, bring comfort, and to just cry with her. I felt her loss. I represented Christ and wept with her. I know that I have a purpose here in the Goa area, even when I am not fluent in the language. God has placed me here at this time in my mission and I hope to find the people he needs me to bring comfort to and help feel His love. I am a representative for Christ's church and I know it is a privilege for me to be here. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here and I love the Philippines. I mean I sweat all day every day, and I live with bugs, but I LOVE IT! I have been so blessed to serve here and I look forward to the times to come. I got to go but I love everyone and remember when life gets hard, pray (: and when life is great, pray (: ! xoxoxox

Where Sister Webster lives!







A worm!

After a hard day of work!





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment