The good news, we are all better now, and I am so grateful our sicknesses have passed. It was so hard being confined to the apartment and like we were not using the Lords time wisely. I am grateful that we were smart and let our bodies rest so that we weren't confined for longer.
We were able to get out on Tuesday for half the day, and I am so happy we got to!
Our first week here we heard someone calling out "Sisters" at night and we looked towards the direction and saw a bunch of men standing around, so we figured it was just people yelling sisters at us like they always do. We walked towards that direction and this man said to us, "Sisters, I am a member, come meet my wife". They were active members no one had told us lived in our area, and it just so happens they live next to our 2nd Councilor in our Bishoprics mother, who is not a member yet. She is so sweet and we were able to go visit her Tuesday. She pointed out to us that she loves the high standards our church has in a falling world, and we have many "bawals" (things not allowed), but respects that. I hope we can continue to share with her our messages. She is so sweet, and loves to talk about Christ.
One of my favorite experiences this week was when we were teaching one of our investigators. The investigator who asked us for all the pamphlets we had, and a Book of Mormon. We have continually been teaching her Lesson 1: The Restoration, because she is so interested about prophets. We watched the Restoration movies, and she owns a tindahan, so we teach her there, and it was SO loud, we couldn't hear with the volume all up, but there were subtitles in English, and she was glued to every word! She is a very visual learner, and even though we couldn't hear it, the Spirit was so strong, and it was another witness to her that Joseph Smith was a prophet.
We have testified to her before that we have a living prophet, but it was this week when her eyes lit up and she said, "Wait, so we really do have a living prophet?" and we showed her a picture of President Thomas S. Monson and her response... "Wow... thank you for telling me this." She kept thanking us for telling her and we told her to go to lds.org to learn more, and read the Prophets most recent words for us online. This is something I feel so many of us take for granted being members of the church. We are SO lucky to know that we have a living prophet here on this earth to lead and guide the Lords church, with divine guidance from the Lord Himself. We are so lucky!
That same evening we were punted (no one was there), so we decide to look for a less active family we found out lived in our area. The two fathers, who are brothers, are members, live next door to each other and no one else in their family is baptized, but they all seem super interested! So we are going back there tonight. So glad we found them!
So I may have mentioned our awesome new investigator who we met. His uncle is a member and we were looking for him, and found our investigator. He welcomed us in and said "Okay you can start!” And we told him we needed a woman present in the home to teach, and he went looking for one. We got to teach him again, and we love teaching him, He is super active in his church, so religious, and sends us scriptures daily! He is so open to listening to us, and when we give him assignments to read in the Book of Mormon he does. This morning we invited all of our investigators to play basketball with us and the other Elders and Sisters at 6am, and he came! He has already been jogging around 5am and came to join in with us. It was so fun, and we hope he can come with us to church this next week.
Ano pa? Hmmm so we found another family on our list of less actives. Turns out people have not been to their house in 25 years!!!!! Yeah, I apologized for no one coming there. But it was kind of a hard place to teach at, and the Brother kept saying we are 19, 21 girl who have not had life experience yet. I felt this overwhelming Spirit come over me, and we testified to the Brother that even though we may be young, we are called by a Prophet of God, and are representatives for Jesus Christ. Great is our calling! I know that this is such a special time of my life I get to this, and I have to take every moment I can to testify, through words and actions.
We had no investigators, or less active members at church this week, but we had the most amazing thing to us before we went to church! The referral Elders texted us at 10am saying they had a referral for us and they wanted to be visited on Sunday mornings aka... in other words..NOW they said. So we changed our plans, finished studying and went... and found the most amazing family of 9 kid’s ages 15 to 1, and their parents so ready to hear the message we had for them. The Father was the one who is mainly interested and he said he used to be a missionary for his church when he was younger. We are SOOO excited to teach them again and I will keep you updated with them!
I know in the deepness of my heart that this Church, is the restored Church of Jesus Christ that He established when He was here on this earth. I have gained such a stronger testimony of the Atonement, and how much it encompasses. I know the Lord knows our weaknesses and we are not perfect, but if we try, and live our lives the way He did, we will obtain never-ending happiness with Him and our families forever in Heaven. I know this to be true. This is what gives me hope every day of my life, especially when storms, or trials come my way. I know I am building my foundation on a foundation that will not falter, on My Savior Jesus Christ.
May we all try to do the same (:
Love you all. Until next week.

Awh.. Vanessa I miss you so much :) is there a way I can write you?? I really would love to talk to you :) I hope you're having an amazing time!! :) Love SIERRA
ReplyDeletegreat to hear from you Vanessa
ReplyDelete