Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Oct 21st, 2013 I have seen the Lords hand it this work. I have been a witness to the Lord hastening His work, and through making weak things become strong.

This week has been one of the best weeks on my mission. I have never experienced the Lord work through me so much, so often, and felt so involved in the work and that I was witnessing so many successes/miracles. We were able to have 3 investigators at church, and 2 of them brought their two cousins with them.  We have found 6 less actives this week that have not been visited in years, and 2 of the investigators that came to church just said out loud "I want to go to your church this weekend". You can imagine the big smiles on Sister Rodericks and I's face! We have witnessed the Lords hand in our lives so much, have felt guided to the people the Lord knows are ready, and we have so much joy in doing so. I have been so blessed this week I cannot even try to express my feelings in my letter. I have seen the Lords hand it this work. I have been a witness to the Lord hastening His work, and through making weak things become strong.

To start out we have found 6 less active members this week, and almost all of which have not been visited in years, one almost 10 years! Our area had not been focused on for a while, therefore many people had not been found for a very long time. Many other names we found information on, either that they moved away, or had passed away, but in our attempts to find members, we also found people who were ready to hear the gospel.

When searching for one less active, we found their nieces and nephews, and they welcomed us in to their home and we were able to have an amazing lesson about the Restoration of the Lords church. We have been there twice this week, and the 22 year old boy has been reading in the Book of Mormon.

Another miracle was we were looking for a less active, and we decided to ask a tindahan nearby if they knew them, turned out being the man we were looking for (:
He welcomed us in, and I can testify that we witnessed the light of the Gospel come back into this man’s eyes! We were reading a scripture in Mosiah 5 with him, and he just started having things he had known flood back to memory. My companion was testifying that she knows this church is true, and his face lite up and he started talking about his testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. I couldn't help but shed a couple tears there, and he couldn't either. The Spirit was so strong, and he asked us to return on Sunday morning. He has a lot of things keeping him from coming to church, but we hope we can help him return and feel fellow shipped there. What a powerful testimony to me that the Lord can really use us missionaries as His instruments to bring comfort, and joy to His children.

That same evening we taught a family, and the daughter, and her husband (who is not a member  but she is). We invited them to come to church, and their little 3 year old said "I wanna go to church.". They came yesterday, and what an amazing day to come, we had the Primary Program, so all the little kids were up there singing their hearts out. It was a very good Sunday (:

This week we had the Young Women’s President, Ivy work with us twice. She is preparing for a mission, and is so fun to have around. She helps us understand what’s going on if we don't haha. On the day she came with us we found 2 of the less actives. One who when we walked up, looked surprised and when we asked for Nancy... she said "Bakit? (why haha). She also was so hesitant to let us in, but it ended up being really good. She said she has been hiding from missionaries for years (: The other she is the only member  has 10 kids, and says she wants her family to be sealed in the temple one day... hopefully we can teach all of them! Then when talking to a Barangay official (kind of like a city worker for the neighborhood), he said to us, oh my wife is a member but she lives in America for her job, she was one of the names on our list (:

We also had a referral we have been trying to find this whole week, and in the search found one amazing investigator, who asked for a Book of Mormon and every pamphlet we had.

One day we were punted by our investigator, so we went around their area, and felt we should talk to this man sitting on against a house on his phone. Turns out he is the equivalent to a FBI agent in the Philippines and asked us so many questions, also asked for a Book of Mormon and said he would read it. We had a great conversation, read a little from the Book of Mormon, and he gave us his contact information saying if anyone tried to hurt us, or try anything to call him. So pretty much we have a police officer friend now in case of emergencies.

One other less active we found this last week, when we went back to visit her, her daughter was there. She is my age and works for the daily news here. We asked her if she had ever been to church, or read the Book of Mormon, and she said no.. but then proceeded to say, "I want to go to church this week and see it". So yesterday her, her younger sister and their two cousins came to church and sat by us. We were in shock and felt so blessed so many people were at church through our finding efforts, and the Lords hand in His work. The Elders in our ward were like, "What did you do, bribe people?" haha. It was such a good Sunday, and it was a blessing to see the fruit of our hard labors.

I was reading in my scriptures this morning and read this is Alma 26:

35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful. Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
 36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
 37 Now my brethren, we see that God isamindful of everypeople, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

I love this work. I feel like Ammon did. I feel a great joy that nothing else can bring. I feel so blessed to be here in this area, and Sister Roderick and I are having so much fun. I love her, and am so lucky to be her trainer. She trains me half the time haha. She is very quick to learn words, and maybe by the time her training is done will be where I am at! I know the Lord needed us here, and we needed this area also.

I love the Lord with all my heart and I hope everyone can make the time to thank Him for all that He has given us.
Sister Webster


post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment