Thursday, October 10, 2013

God is right here with us to bear the burdens along with us. Oct 6th 2013

Well we found out transfer announcements:

I am transferred! Big surprise! I did not see that coming, I totally thought I would be in Lagonoy longer, not just am I transferred but I am going to be training, and opening an area (: ahhhh I was a little freaked out when we got the text message from the zone leaders telling us this, but I am really excited actually for this new chapter, and this new adventure. I know it will be hard but I know the lord will help me so much :)

This week has flown by but it also has seemed like forever really. We were able to have many members work with us this week, and can I just say what a blessing that is! If you can go out with the missionaries to work with them, go! It has so many benefits, not just for you but for them, and the people they are teaching. It is so much better to have members there to support what we are teaching, and plus if all they know is Bicol, they can translate for us (:

We had one csp this week (community service project) where we pretty much went into this forest, cleared the area, and dug up a garden spot to grow goolay (vegetables) for an investigators family. I loved it. I may have been eaten alive my mosquitoes at 7:30 in the morning ha-ha, but so worth it. i worked alongside the investigator and we were having so much fun chatting and she was telling me of recipes i could try here (which i tried one today- making burger patties out of a banana heart [puso ng saging]- ha-ha it worked out pretty well). But i have just loved being able to work outside and help people not just through teaching, but serving them. We have one more csp Wednesday morning before i am transferred.

One crazy, somewhat scary story... (No worries mom i will not be going back to this area and neither will sisters. we switched areas with the elders now)
But we went to go look for some less actives in a barangay we have never been to, and it ended up being further out then we thought it would be. but we found the less actives house around 6ish right before dark, and talked with her, before we left she told us she would have her husband follow us back to the main road because it is a long walk, and there are no house, or lights, and turns out there had been some attacks there..... We were like yeah we need someone to come with us. we started walking, and then it started pouring, I mean pouring rain and the brother was on his motor, and told us to hop on, but it is against mission rules to ride motorcycles (door to door is what they are called). we felt so bad, we were pretty much running in the pouring rain, feeling terrible for this poor guy we just met, getting drenched, in fear because of the lack of light, and creepy attack story, but we made it to the area that was lit and it ended up being okay. I just feel like we owe that nice brother a big plate of cookies for suffering the pouring rain. This may not sound very interesting to you, but we were freaked out hahaha

Well, enough with the scary... but one little sweet thing this week. We have this 81 year old nanay that we go and visit, and she was so cute this week! we were sweating a ton by the time we got to her house, and she sat us in front of the fan, smothered our faces with kisses and put baby powder all over our faces and backs hahaha (baby powder is used here by everyone for sweat). It was the cutest loving thing. She is such a sweetheart. 

I had a really special experience this week. We were teaching this mother in one of our far areas and she has always been so cold towards us, almost as if she is mad at us or something. We went to go talk with her daughter, but she had a fever, so we shared with sister a scripture, Mosiah 24 9:16. I have never felt the spirit testify to me so much of what i need to say to her. I asked if she felt the lord answers her prayers, and it was almost like the flood gate opened, she poured out her mind, and heart telling us how there have been so many trials one after another, and often she worries how she is going to feed her kids. She is bitter towards God right now, and has not been feeling his love. We were able to provide her comfort and help her know that she is not alone. She is still not so sure, but I felt so much love for her at that moment, and that the Lord truly is here for her and loves her so much she just needs to rely on him more, and have trust that her trials can be lightened, if she does her part. I know I cannot relate to many of the trials people face here, but I know I can help them feel loved and that God is right here with them will to bear their burdens along with us. 


I know the Lord is here for us. I know that we are each his children and he loves us so much. I know this church is true and I am so grateful for modern day prophets. If you can, watch general conference sessions online at  lds.org.
Goolay (Vegetable) Spot aka  Garden

 I know you won’t regret it (: xoxoxoxo
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment