Hello family and friends... pamilya at kaibigan
I am writing and a little warn out from the sun from going to
the beach today, that’s right we got to go to the beach for our district
activity. Of course missionaries cannot swim, or go in the water. But we had so
much fun sitting in the sand, and taking jumping photos (: It was so relaxing
listening to the ocean waves and reading the Book of Mormon on the beach. It
was actually a rainy day, with a strong ocean breeze, but it was the perfect
thing for Preparation day. I am so blessed to be serving in the Philippines,
where God has placed so many beautiful wonders. I have been thinking a lot this
week about how amazing ALL of Gods creations are. The ocean, the sand, the
flowers, the trees, and all of them different all around the world. I also have
thought a lot about His most amazing creation, US! We are each designed, and
created in His own image, but all different in our own ways too. I feel so
blessed to know God's plan for us, to become exactly like Him, perfect and
immortal.
Just one random tid bit from this week lol. I saw another
monkey! I was so excited and even more excited of where we found him lol. So we
were walking after an appointment and Sister Barlow was like "hey lets
walk down this way". Then right when we walked down this road, I felt a prompting...
talk to that man. So we stopped and chatted with this man, we asked him about
his family, and such. We saw the monkey too and that started some conversation.
But then he started saying something, I could not understand fully, and then he
said something around the lines of "my daughter Glizzy is a member".
LIGHT BULB went off in my mind. Glizzy was one of the names I had written down
as one of the less actives in this area! We literally, not on purpose found a
less active member! We were so excited! We made an appointment to return and
hopefully we can get to know Glizzy and help her return to the sheepfold of the
Lord.
I have had some really neat experiences this week and we have
one new awesome investigator, Joyce. She is Liezel's cousin (the girl who comes
with us once or twice a week, and is preparing for a mission). She really has
the Spirit of missionary work, and has been sharing the gospel with all her
family and friends. But her cousin Joyce, so sweet, and so smart. She adds so
much every time we teach one concept and is very interested in learning more.
One neat lesson with her is I was having a very tiring day. We had went looking
for some less active members earlier in the day, and it may have been very hot.
I got pretty sunburn, and really didn't drink a ton of water, but w had some of
the greatest lessons, and I spoke some of the greatest Tagalog. My companion
said it all just flowed and it was so good. This day was such a testimony to me
that this truly is the Lords work, and it is not me that teaches to the hearts
of the people, but the Sprit. Through me, the exhausted, sunburnt, dehydrated
sister missionary to work miracles to speak and share the gospel of Jesus
Christ in the peoples language. I know that it really truly is not me. I really
am an instrument for the Lord, and He is ready and willing to help always.
Another really amazing experience this week was we had a change
of plans right before we went out to work. Our Bishop drives us in his tricycle
every Thursday to our far area, Salog, to visit the members there, but this
week he had something come up right before, so we had to change our plans right
when we were walking out the door. Which if you know missionary work, or have
served a mission you know, you study and create lesson plans for the people you
will see later in the day throughout the morning. But you may also know that
sometimes, all the plans fall through and you become flexible. I have a
stronger testimony now of the Lord will help you know where He wants you to go.
We made a new plan really fast, ran out the door, and went looking for a list
of less actives we knew lived in one area. We found 3 of them, which is A LOT,
because most the time the people have moved or they are no- where to be found.
Then we taught the mother of one of the less actives and she started weeping
when we asked her to pray, and she said she was so grateful for us and she felt
so happy. Then we met this amazing woman when we were walking to the next place
and taught her about Family History work, because she had so many questions
about it.
I have really come to realize this week that the Lord works
through us so much to fulfill His work. I am giving my time to Him, and He is
making me an instrument in His hands, IF I am worthy of it. Obedience as a
missionary is of great importance and I want to be exactly obedient to the
commandments of the Lord, and the Mission rules.
I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ here on this earth. He
has called a prophet, Thomas S. Monson, to be the President, seer, and revelator
for His church, and I am lucky to be one of the missionaries around the world,
testifying that Jesus is the Christ and He lives, and through Him we too can
live. I love the Philippines, the people, the culture, the love I feel here. I
am grateful for all the Lord has blessed me with and I know He knows me by
name, and is there when I need someone to rely on. May you trust in the Lord
always and follow His first and most important commandment: "Love the Lord
thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and
with all thy strength: this is the first commandment." (Mark 12:30)
If we love Him, all the other commandments follow (:
Love always,

No comments:
Post a Comment