To
start out I have one shout out to the most amazing mother in the world,
My
mom Paula Webster.
HAPPY
BIRTHDAY MOM !! (:
I
have really come to learn even more the effects a mother has on your children
and the generations to follow and I am so blessed to have such a strong mother
who strives to build up Zion here on earth, and serve with her WHOLE heart.
Being a mother is so selfless and she has been the most amazing example of
service to others. One of the reasons I am on a mission is because of her
example and influence. I am grateful for my mom (:
And
because I am on a mission I have been able to witness SO many miracles and
learn so much. I have had some super neat experiences this week I am excited to
share and tell about.
To
start out we met this old man last week while tracting, we actually were
stopping at a tindahan for a snack and he all of a sudden comes out of nowhere
talking about how missionaries taught him once. This man knows the bible like
the back of his hand, so we gave him a Book of Mormon to read. We visited him
Wednesday, and were there for a long time discussing the Restoration of the
Church. It is quite intimidating teaching him because he knows more than me for
sure, but I realized I do have truth to share to him, that he does not know yet
and I have been called of God, and a prophet of God to share this with him. We
challenged him to read the Introduction of the Book of Mormon and a passage in
2 Nephi 2.
We
stopped by on Saturday to re invite him to church and he pulls out the Book of
Mormon ready to talk and starts talking about all these different passages...
turns out he read from the beginning to ALMA 42!!!!!! UHHHHHH we were so
excited hahaha. We were so stunned at first, and for those of you, who know,
Tagalog is a very long written language and the Book of Mormon is a lot longer
in Tagalog, but whoa we were stunned. We taught him and read a lot of passages,
but he still said he wants to go to his church, but he held the Book of Mormon
and said, I know this is another testament of Christ... in Tagalog of course
lol.
But
that was such a WOW moment as a missionary... and I really have to mentally
prepare for when we go to teach him, but the Lord has helped us both times thus
far, in doctrine and Tagalog (: I have really learned to rely on the Lord more
this transfer in Tagalog. I cannot do this work without Him, or His help and
blessings.
Funny
thing at his house though, they have a TON of cats, and they are pretty normal,
not gross looking like a lot of cats here. Anyways one jumped up on my lap and
fell asleep while we were teaching... I didn't know what to do, or seem rude or
grossed out so I just let it chill there. About half way through I looked down
at it and saw a flea or some bug on it..... hahaha I slowly tried to get it off
me... and it did, then it returned 10 minutes later haha. I think I safely
avoided getting fleas though no worries (:
Another
really neat experience I had and I will ALWAYS remember happened yesterday
evening. A little background information: we have been teaching this girl Diane
for the past couple weeks and her parents said if they see a Book of Mormon in
their house, they would throw it away. She is 20 years old though, considered
an adult, but we don't want to cause any problems in her home. But she wants to
be baptized so bad! She came with us to teach a less active and asked if she
could say something about the atonement, and if she could say the opening
prayer. Like seriously she is awesome! She automatically answers or adds in
while we teach, and seriously she is golden! I love teaching her! She asked us
the first visit about the Word of Wisdom, and we talked to her about it and she
said she hasn't wanted to use anything harmful for her body since.
So
last night was a hard night for her, her family is giving her persecution and
she was having a hard time with it. We were teaching her about the Book of
Mormon introduction and introducing the Plan of Salvation and where we came
from before this life here on earth. We had her read Abraham 3:23, and told her
to replace her name with Abraham's name. She started reading and right when she
got her name, she choked up, started sobbing, and said she felt so warm, and
enveloped in love. I will never forget how strong I felt the spirit in that
moment testify to her, and to myself that God knows each one of us and we chose
His plan before this life.
Here
is the scripture:
"And
God saw these souls that they were good, and he stood in the midst of them, and
he said: These I will make my rulers; for he stood among those that were
spirits, and he saw that they were good; and he said unto me: Abraham (Diane/
your own name), thou art one of them; thou wast chosen before thou wast
born."
The
Lord loves all of His children, all of us have a plan for our lives, and He is
so mindful of us, especially when we are going through hard times. These are
the latter days and Satan is trying harder and harder to pull apart people,
families, and make people lower standards. We must stand strong and do what we
can to endure through the hard, become refined, so we can become like our
Father in Heaven one day, perfect and immortal.
No comments:
Post a Comment