Wednesday, March 20, 2013

First Letter Home! First Week at the MTC!!


Kumusta! 
So I am very sad I have only 30 minutes of computer time and i am not the fastest typer.... aka i am so sad.... but a way to make that faster while i am at the MTC is to send all your stuff through dear elder so i will get it all during the week and then i can just write back to you right when i get on the comp. call kira if you have questions. emails are still awesome though and will be the best in the Philippines. I will have more time there; there are just SOOO many missionaries here! It is insane. Forgive my grammar and correct it on the blog please hahah (: but anyways i will try to type and let you know as much as possible.

I have taught 3 lessons in Tagalog! It has been insane! I can bare my testimony and pray in Tagalog (basics of course) and say random things.

The first time was Friday with an "investigator" named Lester and we pretty much used sign language when we didn't know what to say or just said "magdasal ninyo" (read?) hahaha but that isn't even correct haha

Anywayyssss so then it went okay but we laughed a ton and at one point i had to look at my notes for pronunciation because he looked at me really funny lol

The second lesson was Saturday and we did pretty good. Harder words, and sentences formed BUT the big story was our lesson yesterday

So we wanted to be guided by the Spirit so we left all of our notes behind and decided to put out trust in the Lord and go in there with just our Tagalog Aklat ni Mormon and this is probably one of the most spiritual moments of my life. I am crying right now in the computer lab hahah (what’s new?) But we got in there, of course we stumbled on some stuff but we went with the flow. We had challenged him (the same guy Lester) to pray about the Book of Mormon and we asked if he had... he hadn’t. So we taught him to pray (he is catholic) and then asked him to read Alma 34: 19 - 27 (i believe that’s right) and then I felt prompted to ask him how he felt in Tagalog afterwards. My companion said she was thinking to say that but couldn't remember how to phrase it and then all of a sudden i was saying it. I then bore my testimony and started bawling. The felt the Spirit so strongly and knew the Lord was blessing us and that the gift of tongues is so real. It may not be perfect Tagalog but I know I would not be able to even put together what I do without the Lord and humbling myself.

We watched a movie on Sunday (well not a movie and devotional from Elder Bednar at the MTC) titled "The Character of Christ" I suggest you look it up. It was harsh but it was just what I needed. This mission is not for me, it is for the Lord. I kept thinking all week "i gave up my family for 18 months, my friends, everything" and I was so focused on me me me last week and all i was giving up. I was so frustrated with Tagalog and this talk was just what i needed. He states "Christ turns out when the natural man turns in". To be like Christ, which is what we should do we must serve and not play the poor me card. Sorry i only have so little time! I am going to cry! ahhhhh so much to say so little time. I might go write a letter after this!

But anyways the MTC is awesome. Trying not to gain weight but it kind of hard when there are cookies every meal and desserts galore. hahah

My companion is Sister Simonson; she is so sweet and from Twin Falls Idaho. We get along really well and she was made Senior companion haha which is good for me (: she is 19 and I am the oldest girl in my district ha-ha but i embrace it. there are 6 sisters total and ONLY 2 elders in my district. I love it though and I am doing loads better. I am doing choir and like it and we are busy 24/7. I woke up at 5 to go the temple today and wake up every day at 6 or 630... Proud hahaha? Wow didn’t know I could do it!

But I love you guys so so so much and I really wish i could write more they just have a timer in the corner and it kinda scares me. lol I will write a letter with more detail but please know I love you all so so so so much and know I am doing good! I will write a letter and you can get it this week! Send me Dear Elders instead until I leave the MTC please! That way i can read your letters and always have them on me and answer back on here with longer responses. xoxoxoxo

Keep safe and know you are in my prayers

Sister Webster (:

I will send pics next week! xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment